CSL Behring is a global biotherapeutics leader driven by its promise to save lives. Focused on serving patients’ needs by using the latest technologies, we develop and deliver innovative therapies that are used to treat people with life-threatening medical conditions and to help them live full lives. The parent company, CSL Limited, is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
In May 2014, CSL selected Lengnau in the Canton of Bern in Switzerland as the location of a new manufacturing facility to support the commercial production of our promising novel therapies. In May 2020, CSL announced the strategic partnership with Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science. Thermo Fisher will lease and operate the Lengnau state-of-the-art biotech manufacturing facility once construction is completed in 2021. It is anticipated that employees at the site who are engaged for the operation of the site and the commercial production of our therapies in Lengnau will automatically transfer to Thermo Fisher Scientific once construction is complete. Today, more than 200 employees work in Lengnau.
You can find more information on the strategic partnership with Thermo Fisher here and some more information about the prospects of a future career with Thermo Fisher here.
We are looking for talented and dedicated personalities that share our passion to develop and deliver innovative therapies. With your commitment, reliability, and high-quality standards you help us to improve the quality of life for those in need.
We are currently recruiting for a motivated and experienced
We are seeking personalities with the desire and ambition to contribute actively to the commissioning and operation of the new production site in Lengnau. The position is situated in the Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) team which aims to address scientific and technological questions of the drug substance manufacturing (USP, DSP, Buffer & Media) during the start-up and routine manufacturing in our new facility. The person in this role will mainly focus on DSP operations.
Depending on the candidate’s background, experience and skills, this position can be offered as Specialist or Expert position. Full-time working is clearly preferred, however part-time working represents an option for this position.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
During the Project Phase:
- Support definition of manufacturing processes for protein purification under the lead of the operational teams
- Both independently and collaboratively plan, prepare, and guide through downstream manufacturing process start-up activities
- Consult the operations teams in establishment of best cGMP practices and lean business processes, in close collaboration with the quality organization
- Contribute to the establishment of fully automated processes, together with stakeholders of the operation, engineering, and automation teams
- Function effectively as a core team member
During commercial phase:
- Solve complex problems using analytical thinking gained through formal education and/or previous roles
- Drive continuous improvement projects for lean and cGMP-compliant manufacturing
- Contribute to evaluation of deviations, defines appropriate corrective/preventive actions and initiates/drives change control requests
- Understand and interpret experimental data and results to support decisions and definition / knowledge of purification processes.
- Understand and apply bioprocess scale-up and scale-down strategies
- Represent the operations team for technical and scientific matters in cross-functional teams, interfacing with Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Engineering, Validation, and other relevant areas
- Function effectively as a core team member
Qualifications and Experience
- Master / PhD degree preferred in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical, technical or life-science with focus on purification of recombinants
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a cGMP-regulated production environment (pharmaceutical or biotech industry)
- Experience in a large scale, (fully) automated manufacturing environment preferred
- Knowledge of bioprocess unit operations and engineering scaling principles
- Learns new processes quickly and engages in assignments to drive for action
- Strong team player for collaboration in, and coordination of, task-dedicated, multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong communication skills, technical writing ability, and good attention to detail
- Good German and English proficiency (written and spoken)
Are you motivated to join us in this exciting journey to establish a state-of-the-art pharma manufacturing facility with most advanced technologies?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Applications must include a motivation letter and CV, as well as letters of references and copies of relevant transcripts and/or diplomas in the original language. Please include all these in one document together with the CV.