Novocure is a global publicly-traded commercial-stage oncology company developing a profoundly different cancer treatment therapy called tumor treating fields (TTFields) for patients with solid tumors. TTFields therapy is a non-invasive, novel, antimitotic treatment modality which utilizes proprietary technology attempting to slow or reverse tumor progression by inducing tumor cell death. Novocure's commercialized product, Optune, is approved for the treatment of adult patients with glioblastoma (GBM) in the USA, Europe and Israel. Novocure has ongoing or completed clinical trials and is further expanding its efforts into several other solid tumor indications - non-small cell lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, ovarian cancer and other types of solid cancers.
To support our team in Root, Switzerland, we are looking for a
This position is responsible for the investigation, repair and/or upgrade of Novocure devices within the Global Operations Center. This includes contributing to and maintaining service procedures and work instructions as they pertain to the GOC.
- Investigate, repair and/or upgrade of Novocure devices as required
- Document service actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Diploma as Elektroniker EFZ or equivalent
- Ability to perform lead free soldering
- Must be able to work in a team environment, execute responsibilities with minimal direct supervision, and have a high attention to detail
- Must have good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, perform efficiently, and independently
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Basic understanding of schematics and diagrams
- Ability to use basic electronic and digital trouble shooting devices to include Digital Multi-meters (DMMs)
- Ability to learn testing and troubleshooting of medical devices involving specialized and generic test equipment and software diagnostic tools.
- Ability to use hand and power tools safely and effectively.
- Knowledge of ESD protocols and practices
We are looking forward to receiving your application to Patricia Hürsch, Recruiting Manager EMEA. Please find more information about Novocure and our therapy on our website www.novocure.com or by consulting our patient testimonial videos.