We are looking for a Capex Procurement Lead Buyer (m/f/d) for Lonza AG (100%). This is a temporary position for 12 months, with an option of extension. Remote work within Switzerland is possible, with regular days on site in Visp.
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While Lonza works in science, there's no magic formula to how they do it. Their greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, they let their people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that's the kind of work Lonza wants to be part of.
- Supporting Procurement Category Manager to:
- Develop and execute a category strategy for Engineering Services that matches supply market capabilities with Lonza business needs.
- Lead supplier relationship management (SRM) and supplier development activities to ensure reliable supply and maximize the full value of supplier relationships.
- Drive supplier performance, compliance and accountability through supplier scorecards and performance metrics
- Develop supply risk management strategies and drive development and implementation of appropriate risk mitigation plans.
- Manage relationships with suppliers acting as the primary point of contact for assigned suppliers.
- Work closely with Project Procurement colleagues to ensure category strategies are translated into project execution plans.
- Plan, lead and execute negotiations of commercial terms and contracting for framework, master and other major supply agreements.
- Ensure project sourcing objectives, actions and priorities are aligned both within Global Capex Procurement, Global Engineering and project stakeholders.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to develop cost reduction strategies and implementation plans that meet projects / business needs.
- Report savings monthly as well as maintain the project savings pipeline.
- Project procurement tasks, including:
- Procurement of services (consulting, engineering and planning) for the assigned investment projects.
- Development of project purchasing strategy, execution and coordination of procurement activities for assigned investment projects.
- Drive awareness of supply issues within the project, clarifying business impact and lead resolution plans.
- Bachelor degree in Procurement, Engineering, Business or Law
- Extensive work experience in Capex Procurement and large Capex projects (CHF 50M+)
- Strong contract management experience; ability to craft commercial contracts and agreements
- Knowledge of Engineering services (i.e. FEED, EPCM, Commissioning and Qualifications) market in pharmaceutical industry advantageous
- Good technical understanding of engineering, construction, fit out or bio-pharmaceutical process equipment is a plus; working experience with or for an EPCM contractor is a plus.
- Licenses or Certifications: CIPS or similar Procurement and supply chain certification is a plus.
- Business acumen, strategic Procurement expertise, Project and Procurement management skills.
- Fluent in English and good knowledge of German mandatory
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, as well as excellent business mindset, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Team player with ability to work efficiently in a matrix organization & interdisciplinary teams, as well as ability to deal with ambiguity.
- MS Office, SAP, Oracle.