At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Real Estate team in Zurich comprises the areas of Valuation, Transaction/M&A and Transformation/Strategy. The majority of our clients are institutional investors with investment properties of various types (residential, office, commercial, retail, logistics, hotel, nursing, hospital, etc.). The market value of properties is usually derived using a DCF model via a web-based valuation tool. On the income and cost side, we have a large number of benchmarks and market data at our disposal. The analysis and evaluation of this market data in combination with the analysis of the real estate data we collect is becoming increasingly important. Accordingly, we have been expanding our competencies in the area of data analytics for some time.
We are a dynamic, innovative and collegial team that, as a unit of one of the largest global consulting firms, has the privilege to work on an endless number of exciting projects with the brightest minds of the world's most influential companies.
If you want to be part of a diverse team which deeply believes in teaming, trust and respect, this is the right place for you!
Your key responsibilities
- Leading and development of the valuation team, reporting directly to the Head Real Estate Switzerland;
- Maintaining and developing current valuation-projects, in addition generating new business - go to market activities;
- Applying technical and business knowledge to ensure that high-quality results are obtained for all of our clients;
- Participate in real estate advisory engagements including financial analyses, cash flow modelling, property/ portfolio modelling, analytical model reviews, market due diligence, asset valuations, real estate appraisals and appraisal reviews;
- Engagements include a variety of property types including multi-family residential, office, retail, hotel, warehouse, industrial, mixed-use, infrastructure, and special-use properties;
- Specific responsibilities include market information research and market studies, real estate documents analysis (including site/building plans, leases, appraisals, and mortgage underwriting/lending documents), and report writing;
- Participate in sales/marketing pursuit opportunities;
- Fulfilling the requirements for FINMA accreditation as valuation expert.
Skills and attributes for success
- A bachelor or master degree in engineering (ETH/EPFL), architecture or with a legal background, postgraduate study in economics or MBA;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English are essential. French highly advantageous. Additional languages a plus;
- Profound knowledge of the Swiss Real Estate market and good networking with the large Swiss real estate owners, as example institutional investors, banks and insurance companies as well as pension funds;
- Experience in creating complex financial models (cash flow/property/portfolio modelling) such as discounted cash flows (DCF), net present value (NPV), real estate cap rates, and experience with real estate legislation and fiscal issues;
- Experience in commercial real estate loan underwriting, acquisition due diligence, real estate valuation, asset management, finance, or market research;
- Capability to work across different areas such as our M&A and Transaction Support for example;
- You should be an innovative, dynamic and outgoing person. Memberships to professional associations like RICS etc. would be a big advantage;
- Strong Excel and Power Point skills. Experience with real estate databases, financial modelling preferred.
What we offer
EY Switzerland offers you to work in a diverse and inclusive environment with around 3'000 employees from 64 different countries. You will work with and learn from the best and continuously develop yourself as we invest an important share of our annual turnover in the personal development and trainings of our employees.
Furthermore, we offer the following benefits:
- Further education: At EY, you have the possibility to earn an accredited Masters in Sustainability, an accredited Masters in Business Analytics or an accredited MBA (EY Tech MBA) from the Hult International Business School, free of charge*.
- Hybrid working model: We offer working from home options for our employees.
- Work-life balance: Take 5 - 6 weeks of holidays per year as a standard**.
- Flexible travel: Equipped with your half-fare travelcard, enjoy 1st class to your clients' premises, all expenses paid.
- Social contributions: Opt for one of our generous pension fund plans and do not worry about the accident insurance as we fully cover it for you.
- Parents@EY: Our benefits specially designed for parents at EY will help you focus on Work-Life integration.
- Fair-ON-Pay certified: As everyone deserves a fair pay, our salary grids and guidelines ensure the equal treatment we aim for***.
Get to know your future team members
Have we sparked your interest? We look forward to receiving your complete application with CV, cover letter, certificates, and transcript of grades.
For more information, please contact our recruitment team (firstname.lastname@example.org / +41 58 286 33 66).
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
* EY Contractors, interns and alumni are excluded
** Depending on the rank
*** Any salary ranges published on external platforms are not reflective of EY standards