Swiss Life Asset Management AG is expanding its team of international real estate experts to ensure efficient oversight and management of its European real estate portfolio through best practice financial reporting and controlling.
We are seeking a motivated and well-experienced specialist for finance, corporate reporting & controlling (f/m/d) to strengthen our growing team within the expanding international real estate division of Swiss Life Asset Managers in Zurich.
Real Estate Country Controller
* Performing the accounting of a Swiss real estate Fund and a Holding company
* Performing country controlling for real estate assets and subsidiaries located in Europe with the support of outsourcing partners, including the responsibility to review and manage the monthly reporting and cash flows of property companies
* Managing and overseeing the statutory reporting & audits of property companies and responsibility for country-specific reporting as well as VAT & Corporate Income tax compliance of property companies based on inputs of local business partners
* Managing and coordinating the Cash Pooling of the Fund and its property companies owning real estate across Europe
* Executing payments through FIDES (web-based payment tool) for the Fund, Holding company and property companies
* Managing and supporting financial and tax due diligences of real estate acquisitions/disposals, incorporating new subsidiaries and integrating new business operations efficiently insofar as accounting, group reporting, tax compliance and cash management is concerned
* Supporting the process of evaluating, negotiating and setting up third party mortgage loans as well as monitoring interest rate developments and the impact on performance
* Providing support during the bi-annual consolidation, group reporting and budgeting of a European real estate portfolio in accordance with CISO-FINMA requirements
* Supporting oversight on the effectiveness of the Internal Control System (ICS) of Swiss entities
* University degree in Finance, an accounting degree combined with completed Big 4 auditor-in-training articles or an equivalent qualification such as CA/CPA
* 3-5 years of hands-on experience as a Group Reporting/Controlling specialist at multi-national companies
* Solid accounting and reporting knowledge within an international and Swiss environment, preferably within the real estate industry
* Confident and conversant in dealing with external business partners such as property managers, auditors, accountants, tax consultants, lawyers and financing institutions in various countries
* Ability to work independently and set your own priorities, capability to take ownership of all assigned responsibilities and willingness to integrate well into a small yet growing team
* Experience in the due diligence processes for the acquisition of real estate is regarded as beneficial
* Proficient knowledge of the MS Office package, with MS Excel as well as Abacus, experience with consolidation tool COGNOS Controller is a plus.
* Fluency in German and English
* Willingness to travel up to 10% within Europe
- discounts on SL investment products and mortgages
- contribution to 3rd pillar life insurance
- employer's contributions to the pension fund
- reka cheques and meal allowance
- discounts on public transportation (up to 35%)
- flexible working models
- various timeout models
Swiss Life Asset Managers
We are a leading European asset manager and institutional real estate asset manager with locations in Switzerland, France, Germany, Luxembourg, the UK and Norway.
With a strong client focus, here at Swiss Life Asset Managers, success is driven by expecting the unexpected, prioritising sustainability and inclusion, fully investing in our jobs and people, and being on the lookout for new business opportunities – all since 1857.