Chemical or Process Engineer (m/f/d) - 18038026
As a Chemical Engineer in the Formulation Engineering group, you will play a pivotal role in bringing new products from the laboratory to full-scale production and in enabling our production sites to meet our customer demands in the safest, most efficient, and sustainable way possible. You will be the hub in an international network of chemists, engineers, production sites, and supply chain professionals. You will work in a young team collaborating with our on-site pilot plant and product development teams and with many other colleagues across Europe and elsewhere. Your location, close to our headquarters in the north of Switzerland, provides exciting career perspectives, fantastic opportunities for leisure activities and an attractive salary.
You will help shape the future of agriculture by:
- Collaborating with our chemists to develop new innovative products to protect the crops that feed us
- Scaling these up from the laboratory, through our pilot plant, up to full-scale manufacture
- Increasing the flexibility and capacity of our production network by transferring products from one manufacturing site to another
- Supply investment projects with engineering know-how
- Supporting production sites in realizing their ambitions to increase safety, sustainability, and efficiency with your technical expertise
- Committing to make health, safety and environment a daily priority in the company
- Drive the scale-up of new products from lab to full-scale manufacturing by translating lab recipes to pilot plant trials and supervising these trials
- Act as the technology business partner to a wide variety of functions, including product development teams, our on-site pilot plant, supply chain management and of course manufacturing sites
- Provide hands-on technical expertise in the introduction of new products to manufacturing sites
- Proactively identify and implement opportunities to improve the safety, sustainability, and efficiency of our processes
- You have a BSc, MSc or PhD in chemical engineering or a related discipline.
- You bring a solid understanding of broad chemical engineering principles and unit operations.
- You thrive working in a dynamic, multidisciplinary, and highly international environment.
- You're curious, pro-active and a very strong team-worker, with excellent communication and influencing skills and the capacity to work independently.
- You're fluent in English and have fluency in, or willingness to learn, German. Additional languages are always an advantage in our global business environment.
- You ideally bring several years of experience in a production environment or support functions associated, e.g., maintenance, commissioning, plant design, etc.
- You know that nothing beats a face-to-face meeting to truly connect, and that supporting a manufacturing operation will demand you to be there when it happens, where it happens. You know that traveling (up to 20% of your time), occasionally also outside regular working days, is part of the job.
What we offer:
What we offer:
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
- We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
- A superb working environment with an open culture and diverse workforce where new ideas are always welcome
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees and gain scientific and technical excellence
- Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
- You will profit from a competitive pension fund plan, attractive bonus system, onsite doctor, fitness room, canteen, and other benefits (Family friendly initiatives, Child and Family allowance...)
Learn more about our team, our mission and how we achieve our goals.
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates) - reference number 18038026.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.