For our client, a biotechnology company, we are looking for a production Planner to be responsible for maintaining and improving the production schedule.
This is a full-time position and the contract duration is 12 months. The role is located in Visp, Valais with a possibility to work partially remotely.
- Create, track and maintain the short term schedules to provide visibility to defined departments to drive short term execution of plans.
- Incorporate input from all relevant departments to ensure schedules are realistic within relevant constraints and latest information.
- Drive optimization of schedules by balancing demand priorities against optimal production sequencing and efficient resource (facility/suite, equipment, staff, and materials) utilization.
- Endure all feedback regarding changes to existing plans is incorporated into schedules in timely manner.
- Maintain detailed planning and scheduling parameters in planning system to allow optimal use of system scheduling functionality.
- Generate relevant KPI and operational measures to support identification of trends or root causing of sub-optimal performance.
- Maintain accurate production schedule. Providing data for the MRP process to meet production demands.
- Review documents such as production schedules, work orders, and staffing tables to determine personnel and personnel requirements, and material priorities.
- Monitor production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, and quality control measures, using this information for Continuous Improvement activities such as maintenance of routings and BOM`s increasing accuracy of production schedule and efficiency reporting.
- This role will have no direct reports but will require strong interaction with the Supply chain and Finance teams on all sites and at a divisional level.
- Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define metrics (KPI`s) and identify issues through root cause analysis.
- Ability to use production scheduling systems.
- Competent using MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use Business Intelligence systems to extract data and generate reports.
If you hold the skills above, don't hesitate to click "apply now" or send your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA