Rothschild & Co
Rothschild & Co is one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups. We offer a distinct perspective that makes a meaningful difference to our clients’ business and wealth.
With a team of 3,800 talented financial services specialists on the ground in 40 countries across the world, we provide independent advice on M&A, strategy and financing, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments. As a family-controlled business that has been at the centre of the world’s financial markets for over 200 years, we can rely on an unrivalled network of specialists and are known for our track-record of outstanding execution in financial services.
Rothschild & Co Wealth Management
For over 200 years, Rothschild & Co’s freedom to offer objective advice and our commitment to personal service have combined to shape and grow our private clients’ wealth, building value for generations. Our dynamic growth and ambitious targets in relation to quality, innovation and reliability have created a need for the above mentioned role.
Overview of Role
As Risk Manager within the Risk Department of Rothschild & Co Wealth Management Switzerland, you will join a team of seasoned risk professionals, with a mission to act as a partner to the businesses and functions, support growth and profitability while retaining the appropriate risk management discipline to achieve the Bank’s strategic goals. The successful candidate is a Wealth Management professional with experience in risk management and knowledge in the private banking industry.
Our culture is inclusive and collegiate, by which we mean that we foster a sense of teamwork, respect and partnership in everything we do. We support various personal development initiatives through our internal networks and also membership of external networking organisations and forums to connect our professionals and promote inclusivity across the firm.
- Maintain and develop the Bank’s and Division’s risk management framework, including risk governance and reporting, policies, methodologies and tools, risk and control assessments, definition of risk appetite and determination and monitoring of adequate risk indicators
- Identify higher risk areas and undertake independent thematic reviews on the Bank’s processes and procedures
- Review the first line of defense control environment in close co-operation with senior stakeholders in the Front Office, Investments, Compliance and other support functions (Credit, Finance, IT, Operations)
- Develop and perform second line of defense controls
- Provide risk management advice and stewardship on all risk matters pertaining to the business operations of the Bank and in projects and initiatives
- Work in partnership with other second line assurance functions, both within the Bank and Division and the wider Rothschild & Co Group
- Promote risk awareness and adequate risk culture through training and dedicated sessions and by providing guidance on risk mitigation and controls to functional managers
Education and Qualifications
- University degree or commercial education in the financial industry, ideally with a post-graduate education in risk management
- Fully computer literate (MS Office, especially in Excel and Power Point)
- Avaloq user experience would be an additional asset
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- 3 - 5 years professional track-record in risk management, compliance or internal audit in a Swiss bank or reputable audit firm
- Knowledge of the Wealth Management business and the relevant front-to-back processes
- Knowledge in applicable rules and regulations
- Well-developed analytical skills to rapidly understand business situations and issues, with an aim to provide critical and independent risk assessments
- Commercially oriented mind-set but able to advocate the Risks Department’s position
- Ability to build internal and trusted relationships and to engage, inspire and manage stakeholders across the Bank
- Patience and flexibility, alongside being prepared to take on more basic tasks as required
- Independent work style
- Fluent in English and German, other languages are considered a plus
If you are curious to learn more about us and have valuable experiences in a similar role, then please submit your CV and Cover Letter through our recruitment tool.