For our client, a Tech Giant, we are looking for an Internaction Designer to join the Creator Copyright team.
Role: Interaction Designer
Duration: 12 Months from 9th January
Onsite schedule: (3 days onsite, 2 days remotely)
Location: Zurich Europaallee
About the team
Creator Copyright team
YouTube's Creator Copyright team builds tools that allow Creators to avoid and mitigate potential copyright issues with their videos. This is hugely important to Creators because the ability to monetize their videos hinges on a complex system of rules governing online copyright.
This new role is at the intersection of several transformative projects that will completely redefine the way that copyright works on YouTube. You will help us build out YouTube's first ever Music Marketplace, a licensing platform that provides Creators access to popular music (think Beyonce, The Weeknd etc). This is a top strategic OKR for the company and will unlock vast creativity for our users.
You will play a pivotal role in designing CUJs that allow our Creators to navigate the different licensing options, and source popular music from the marketplace. The end result will be an immersive storefront experience where Creators can discover new artists and licence top tier music for their videos.
This is breakthrough functionality that will deliver higher-quality and more engaging content for billions of viewers around the world!
We're looking for a solid L5 designer who can work with the UXD lead to define an exciting new storefront experience in YouTube Studio.
This role will include:
- Collaborating with ENG, PM, and UXR stakeholders to advocate for usability optimisations across the storefront.
- Brainstorming, conceptualizing, and creating design deliverables that improve the Creator's experience with copyright and commerce flows.
- Champion usability principles in team crits, cross-functional team reviews, and UX audits.
- Engaging directly with UX lead, ENG, and PM counterparts to streamline project planning, reviews, and product excellence initiatives.
- Collaborating closely with UXD lead to define and develop designs for key storefront CUJs
- Work closely with other designers to drive design and product excellence
- Collaborate and participate in UXR sessions
- Strong conceptual, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills Strong creative and visual design skills
- 5+ years in a UX design role
- Expert with design tools to produce high fidelity mocks and prototypes
- Experience collaborating with user experience researchers, content strategists, product managers, and engineers Exceptional portfolio, with experience designing complex web and/or mobile applications Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- BA/BS degree in Design, HCI, or a related field (in lieu of degree, relevant work experience)
Due to Swiss restrictions on work permits, we can only consider applications from Swiss and EU citizens, or people with an existing valid Swiss permit.