Who we are
Bei Roche leisten 98,000 Menschen in 100 Ländern Pionierarbeit im Gesundheitswesen. Gemeinsam haben wir uns zu einem weltweit führenden, forschungsorientierten Healthcare-Konzern entwickelt. Unser Erfolg baut auf Innovation, Neugier und Vielfalt.
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, der die Chancengleichheit fördert.
As a Senior Scientist in Process Chemistry, you will be working in the department “Process Chemistry & Catalysis” within the “Small Molecules Technical Development” organization.
Behind every presentation of each product sold by Roche is the involvement of Pharma Global Technical Operations (PT). Starting with Phase I of the development process and continuing through to product maturity, PT makes medicines at sites around the world and includes more than 12 000 employees worldwide.
"Global Technical Development" (PTD) is an organization of over two thousand people globally that are integral for the mission of Roche to develop meaningful medicines for patients. Therefore, PTD actively collaborates and develops innovative technical solutions to bridge early-stage, late-stage and commercial product needs. The mandate of our organization is, to reliably deliver the pipeline and supply quality products to patients. Our organization excel in our work through innovation, collaboration, dedication, and mutual respect and add value every day, continuously improving what we do.
“Synthetic Molecules Technical Development” (PTDC) brings a broad range of experience across drug substance (DS), drug product (DP), and collaborates closely with key partners in Research and Early Development, commercial manufacturing andRegulatory. PTDC drives late stage technical development of our synthetic molecules pipeline and manufacture of drug substance and drug product for clinical studies across our small molecules manufacturing network.
As a Senior Scientist in Process Chemistry, you will perform end-to-end process chemistry, from the design of new synthetic routes to the development of save, reliable and sustainable commercial manufacturing processes of synthetic drug substances throughout all clinical phases until transfer to commercial manufacturing.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Responsible for the development of cost efficient and robust processes and for delivering thorough process understanding by using state of the art science and methodologies to enable lean manufacturing and submissions to health authorities.
- Leading a team of associates in a matrix organization to develop manufacturing processes.
- Working in an interdisciplinary matrix team of Process Chemistry associates, Scientists from analytics and manufacturing, and process engineering experts.
- As a chemistry project leader, you drive and coordinate all Drug Substance activities within Pharma Technical Development.
- Interaction with stakeholders from technical regulatory, quality assurance and formulation development in an international environment
- Authoring of scientific reports, patent applications, and regulatory documents
Who you are
You have a PhD degree in organic chemistry with at least 3 years of experience in process research & development of small molecules drug substances and a real passion for scientific and technical innovation.
Your further qualifications are:
- Experience in writing and reviewing scientific reports and regulatory document
- Excellent understanding of scientific methodology, principles of data integrity and good documentation practices
- Excellent communication skills and a strong ability of building and maintaining constructive and effective relationships with stakeholders as well as strong collaboration and team building skills
- Experience in oligonucleotide chemistry and modeling & simulation are an advantage
- Proficient in English; knowledge of German is an advantage
?If you have remaining questions, please have a look at our FAQs and Videos on careers.roche.ch/faq
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, bei dem Chancengleichheit zählt.