As a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Process Research group of Givaudan's Fragrance Division in the Innovation Center in Kemptthal/Zürich, you will develop new sustainable production processes for fragrance ingredients using your skills in organic chemistry. You will identify and study potential routes and technologies to produce our fragrance ingredients. You will report directly to the Head of Process Research. This position is limited for 12 months.
Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if, like us, you always aim to exceed customer needs and provide value.
- Identify and develop new synthetic methods and processes (lab-scale)
- Focus on sustainability and applying green chemistry principles
- Benefit from working in an interdisciplinary environment: biotechnology and analytic laboratories
- Communicate your results and use your knowledge to offer conclusions/ways forward ensuring the successful progress of projects
- Develop your knowledge related to industrial relevant processes through practical experience
Are you someone who wants to grow further and apply your skills in an industrial environment? Who excels being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then join us.
- A PhD in synthetic organic chemistry, with a strong background in green chemistry methodologies (e.g. catalysis, flow chemistry)
- Expertise in solving chemical challenges and the discovery of novel products or processes
- Enthusiasm to deliver chemical innovation at the bench
- Experience in setting the right priorities
- Flexibility, trustability and quality awareness
- Experience in communicating on different levels
- A very good knowledge of English and the ability to record experimental details/conclusions in English
- Variable pension fund contribution
- Sport and leisure club
- Company shop
- Staff restaurant
- Bike badge