The Technical Associate (DB Corporate Job Title Associate Engineer) is responsible for maintaining business applications which are hosted and operated by a third party vendor. This involves completing several DB internal governance processes to ensure compliance with DB policy. As the applications are hosted by an external company there is much interaction required with the vendor in order to perform the tasks required for this role.
• Develops functional design and technical design documents.
• Creates delivery schedules in conjunction with internal / external stakeholders.
• Maintains current status of project deliverables and overall alignment with agreed milestones.
• Escalates issues to management for resolution.
• Contributes to quality assurance by writing unit and functional tests.
• Ensures architectural changes (as defined by Architects) are implemented.
• Provides Level 3 support for functional issues / questions raised by end-users.
• Provides Level 3 support for technical infrastructure components (i.e., databases, middleware and user interfaces).
• Contributes to problem and root cause analysis.
• Verifies integrated software components by unit and integrated software testing according to the software test plan. Software test findings must be resolved.
• Where applicable, manages maintenance of applications and performs technical change requests scheduled according to Release Management processes.
• Identifies dependencies between software product components, between technical components, and between applications and interfaces.
• Identifies product integration verifications to be performed based on the integration sequence and relevant dependencies.
• Taking IT application owner responsibility for a few of the diverse set of applications managed by the team and manage all the tasks associated with the role
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with corporate IT security standards and associated internal governance processes .
• Responsible for project / vendor management to deliver defect fixes and changes
• Managing software licenses, security certificates with service providers
• Ensuring availability of all necessary application/service knowledge and documentation Confidential
• Ensuring application adherence to Deutsche Bank policies eg: organizing application penetration testing, disaster recovery etc
• Participate in audit and remediation of audit points if required
• Participating in meetings with business and development, production support teams on product enhancement and development planning calls, evaluate and coordinate production incidents, escalations.
• Responsible for supporting a suite of applications used by the bank
• Actively supports achievement of Bank’s/Division’s strategy, plans and values, and ensures they maintain a clear understanding and ongoing alignment of activities with the organisation’s priorities.
• Demonstrates personal support to the achievement and maintenance of a high performance culture in which people management and development is a key priority. Demonstrates personal commitment to supporting colleagues within the team.
• Demonstrates personal commitment to the Bank’s values.
• Adheres to Bank Policies and Procedures and drives compliance within the team.
• Takes ownership for own development and career management, seeking opportunities to develop personal capability and improve performance contribution.
• Supports and promotes Deutsche Bank values and believes in every activity.
• Project Management background
• Proven track record of effective Vendor Management for outsourced services
• Functional/Technical knowledge in Avaloq core banking application is strongly desired. Knowledge in any other banking application is a plus.
• Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies • Knowledge in usage of ServiceNow, JIRA, Confluence and HP ALM
• Minimum two years working in Swiss Banking industry.
• Working knowledge of industry bust practices for information security and associated controls.
• Detailed understanding of networking, especially firewall configurations.
• Strong analytical skills. • Proficient communication skills.
• Fluent in English (written/verbal).
• Ability to work in virtual teams and in matrix organisations Confidential
• Good team player.
• Open minded.
• Keeps pace with technical innovation.
• Ability to share information, transfer knowledge and expertise to team members.
• Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or equivalent) – with a minor in Finance, Mathematics or Engineering.