Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers' preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that 'engage your senses'. The Company achieved sales of CHF 6.2 billion in 2019. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in over 145 locations, the company has almost 14,969 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at www.givaudan.com.
As a Technical Flavourist at Givaudan, you will work for a company that touches billions of consumers more than a hundred times a day. You will work for the market leader that is at the forefront of innovation in an industry of emotions. We have a culture that works to inspire and capture the heart and souls of consumers and customers. You will be part of a team of very experienced Flavourists and in a position to develop your expertise together with your colleagues inside and outside your team.
You will apply your existing knowledge of flavour Ingredients and sweet goods - dairy formulations to guide a sustainable and efficient flavour portfolio and contribute to business continuity programmes.
Reporting to the Technical Director of Central Europe or designate, you will be part of our Central Europe Creation team and will be based in Zurich, Switzerland.
Based on both internal requests and market insights, you will work on Formula Lifecycle to improve formula design in our products, making use of the newest flavour technologies and a unique palette of raw materials. You will come with ideas and innovations to ensure that our customers benefit from unique formula design linked to efficient production in our factories. You will work on regulatory and operation related programs and ensuring business continuity.
- Lead project teams and accomplish assigned creation tasks
Working in project teams is part of our culture at Givaudan. You will be a project leader for projects that require co-operation with different disciplines and accomplish assigned formula change requests.
- Collaborate with our teams linked to operations
You will work and lead complex projects with Quality Management, Process Technologist and Regulatory to ensure formula design in our Sweet Goods and Dairy flavour portfolio for the EAME region, and working with other regions.
- Collaborate with our planners to secure business continuity
You will work with our regional and local planners to secure flavour production where applicable.
- Be an internal technical expert
You will be technical expert and advisor to our commercial and innovation Flavourists, quality management teams, planning, regulatory and operations and solve technical issues.
- Train Flavourists in optimal formula design
You will train our commercial and Regional Innovation Flavourists in optimal formula design for our factories.
- Minimum 8 years of previous experience as a Flavourist
- BS, MSc or PHD in Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry
- Demonstrate holistic flavour creation mastery
- Demonstrate expert-level tasting skills with an expert-level ability to understand how to adjust a flavour formulation in the direction needed for flavour modifications
- Expert-level knowledge of raw materials and flavour ingredients and ability to create many flavour types to deliver expected flavour performance
- Experience working as a technical flavourist specialized in sweet goods and dairy is mandatory
- Experience as technical flavourist in production transfer
- Demonstrate learning agility and the ability to fit into a multicultural team environment
Your benefits in Kemptthal:
- Excellent opportunities for progressive learning and development
- 40 hour working week, Flexible working model and remote working (hybrid)
- Additional paid days off
- Favorable pension fund contributions
- Subsidized meals in the Staff restaurant / You benefit from a discounted catering offer (incl. lunch)
- Sport and leisure club (amenities/showers on site)
- Discounts at the company shop
- Subsidized: REKA vouchers and SBB half fare travelcard
- Worldwide private accident coverage and free choice of hospital
- Worldwide private accident insurance
- Additional family/education allowance