Syngenta is leading science-based agtech company; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity's most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.Locations
: Basel CH & Manchester UKRole purpose:
- Responsible for leading a consistent and proactive approach to the management of HSE risks within global scope through ensuring risks are visible, integrated, understood, compliance to risk controls monitored and mitigation strategies in place.
- Provide technical support to interpret and help prioritise HSE risks, vulnerabilities, controls and trends in order to support the business units make informed decisions.
- Contribute best practice standards, risk management methodologies & tools, to identify, describe, estimate & prioritise the quantitative & qualitative HSE risks affecting the business
- Lead the development of HSE risk management capabilities in the Business Units, regions & functions, using different techniques to ensure sustainable excellence in the management of HSE risks
- Be proactive through networking to aid organisational learning of new and innovative thinking around business, function and supply chain threats and HSE risk management.
- Ensure effective co-ordination and alignment between the business unit, region and Global Production & Supply hierarchy, HSE, Quality, ERM - Enterprise Risk Management - and Security.
- To support the Group and Discipline oversight and management of HSE risks, enabling linkage with those of the wider business in order to progress organizational continuous improvement
- To Provide support in identifying current discipline-specific incident & performance management process & continuous improvement opportunities, enhancing an HSE `driven-by-performance` culture
- Drive and support the HSE Risk process, providing and supporting regular inputs to relevant leadership teams and / or HSE reviews and audits as appropriate and providing expert support to leaders in the implementation of HSE risk management
- Manage and support the production and timely delivery of risk management reports (flash reports and KPIs) and risk escalation, using these reports to educate leaders to understand the most significant HSE risks, aligning these with applicable HSE Leadership Review processes.
- Adopt and deploy Global risk management methodologies and training, including the use of the risk management information system.
- Provide support, education & training to staff and leaders on HSE risk management processes.
- Monitor, evaluate, challenge and assist as appropriate in the resolution of identified HSE risks (in a peer assist capacity) to enable regional success in managing their risks.
- Enable best-practice sharing within and across the region and business units to ensure risk response is both consistent, integrated and progressive.
- Carry out reviews of adequacy and consistency of HSE preventive & mitigate risk treatment, actions to satisfy the business that key controls have been implemented and are being maintained, capturing and escalating any significant changes / lessons that may affect the business.
- Oversight of all HSE Performance Systems and Tools deployed in Syngenta, ensuring they are all appropriately leveraged to maximise their benefits and drive consistency
- Driving the development of an ¨informed culture¨ for HSE reporting and analysis to support reporters, investigators of HSE incidents, auditors and those analysing the data
- Driving CI in the HSE reporting processes and tools to improve data quality and the ability to more intelligently interrogate and act on the data
- Design and implement a lean end-to-end reporting process with administration, master data and consistent flow of information
Critical knowledge & experience:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in either Business Management, Engineering, Sciences
- Solid HSE Risk Management experience in any of the following areas: Supply Chain, HSE, Manufacturing and / or Processing
- Knowledge and experience of applying Risk Management into business cycles
- Understanding of Supply Chain operations
- Lean (focus on administrative process), six sigma or DMAIC approach knowledge, preferable
- Preferred knowledge and experience in Agrochemical / Pharmaceutical and / or Oil & Gas industry
- Experience in leadership in driving change and continuous improvement, ability to coach and mentor peers and managers across the business
- Ability to create / facilitate / catalyze formal and informal networks in workshops or meetings
- Strong ability to think and act independently, to influence potential opposition and to be confident in effectively consulting different levels of stakeholders
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and in a multicultural environment
- Fluent in English
What we offer:
We foster a challenging, dynamic and supportive culture where people can thrive for excellence, build a rewarding career and achieve their full potential. With a diverse team across the globe, we contribute to valuable and impactful work that shapes agriculture of the future. Our team aspire to be the best in the industry.
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits, including:
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- Flexible work environment
- Annual bonuses
- A competitive pension fund plan
- Family-friendly initiatives