We are looking for our location in Gstaad (Canton Bern)
Education: 2 years degree from an accredited college in Medicine or Physical Culture; various certificates in Masseur and English language
Related Work Experience 10 years experience in the hammam / spa.
Main Job Responsibilies:
- Responsible for managing and supervising all areas of the hammam, including its services, hours of operation, facilities and staff.
- Coordinates the delivery of spa services, including hammam treatment and hammam massage, program coordinating, reservations, reception desk and changing room areas.
- As a head of hammam, directs and works with the management team (service manager, chief of staff, chief engineer) and employees (property manager, butlers, property housekeepers, securities) to successfully execute all spa operations.
- Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the guest experience.
- Provide massage services to guests using products.
- Manages supply inventories and purchasing control, including uniforms.
- Monitors the spa's actual and projected workload.
- Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
- Identifies and recommending new products and product enhancements to remain competitive in the market.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service, and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers other hammam employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Reviews findings with employees to develop appropriate corrective action, sharing plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve results.
- Interviews hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet operational needs.
- Develops, implements and maintains a Spa orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
- Develops business goals and creates appropriate development plans.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensuring employees do the same within the team.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicates expectations.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Escort all guests to changing rooms, relaxation, or next appointment.
- Safety and Securityo
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to promote a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Practice universal health care protocol while dealing with guests and co-workers.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Make sure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Working with others.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.