Investment Advisory and Cross Border Attorney
Are you a skilled US qualified lawyer with experience advising global wealth management businesses in how to navigate US regulatory requirements?
We're looking for someone like this to:
* Advise UBS AG businesses providing investment advisory, brokerage and banking services on a cross-border basis to clients with a US nexus, including entities registered with the US Securities and Exchange Commission and non-registered entities
* Assess the impact of US regulatory changes on Swiss-based wealth management businesses
* Act as senior legal counsel to applicable Boards and relevant operating and risk committees
* Manage a team of internal and external counsel to implement this and more
You'll be working in Switzerland within the Global Wealth Management Legal team and managing a team of attorneys based in the US and in Switzerland. You'll be advising the heads of Global Wealth Management businesses in Switzerland and the US, including the Board of Directors of a wholly owned subsidiary of UBS AG. You and your team will work closely with colleagues in other countries to ensure consistency in advice provided to global businesses.
Your experience and skills
* Required: a US law degree and admission to the bar
* Required: 7+ years experience as legal counsel for international banking and wealth management, including advising licensed and non-licensed foreign entities offering banking, custody, execution, research and investment advisory services to US clients
* Required: experience and expertise providing legal advice regarding complex US financial transactions/instruments and US securities regulations, including the Investment Advisers Act and Exchange Act
* Required: experience advising senior business leaders and an independent Board of Directors on regulatory developments and corporate governance matters
* Required: fluency in English, both verbal and written
* Preferred: experience building internal and external networks and connections with an established network within the US securities legal and compliance community
* Preferred: independent work style and ability to make deadlines
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
UBS Business Solutions AG