Position of Medical Director (Permanent Contract) Lausanne
For our client, a Swiss innovative medical device company base in Lausanne, developing and manufacturing a breakthrough imaging solution with the potential to improve patient care and cancer surgery outcome. Offering real-time ability to identify cancerous tissues and react immediately, this new visualisation modality holds the promise for a broad range of surgical and diagnostic applicationsResponsabilities :
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Medical Director has the responsibility to support the Medical affairs needs. In this role, the Medical Director will partner closely with other teams to work with leadership to align and prioritize project work.
- Design and develop clinical plans and protocol
- Deliver and execute the clinical development plans
- Develop a Medical Affairs Strategic Plan for Europe and US
- Act as primary contact
- Coordinate cross functional areas
- Serve as Medical Expert
- Document owner (or significant contributor) for Clinical Study Report
- Presentation and Publication of Clinical Study Results
- Provide clinical leadership and medical strategic input
??????- Drive execution of the clinical program
- Organisational Development and Compliance
- Helps facilitate engagement with key subject matter experts
- Develop a network of Key Opinion Leaders /investigators, interact with external stakeholders in alignment with customer needs and medical strategy.
??????- Identify and engage international, national, and regional thought leaders
- Participate in key external events
??????- Keeps abreast of trends in health care
- Medical Degree (M.D., D.O. or equivalent) with a strong background in clinical trial management, scientific investigation and proven ability to interpret scientific and study data required.
- Professional experience - 10-15 years experience in the Medical device industry in a similar position. Global exposure and expertise in US & Europe.
- Expertise in strategic aspects related to marketing needs (reimbursement, regulatory pathway)
- Influencing Skills - Able to establish rapport, value and respect within a team, as well as with KOLs and other influential stakeholders, externally.
- Interpersonal Skills - Strong personal credibility, written and oral communication skills.
- Leadership Skills : Team orientated with the confidence, maturity and integrity to lead effectively.
- Problem Solving Skills - Brings a high level of intellect and curiosity to work. Able to apply mature clinical and business judgement in making decisions.
- Travel : This position may require some U.S. and european travel. Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Languages - Fluent in French and English; ability to speak, read, and write. Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately. Multiple languages is a plus
- Regulations knowledge - Must be able to understand legally and technically written standards, regulations, procedures, test methods so as to communicate their intent.