The Nestlé Group is the world's largest food and beverage company with 92.6 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2019. It is present in 187 countries around the world, has 403 factories and its 291'000 employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.
Location: Nestlé Research - EFPL, Lausanne, Switzerland
Company: Société des Produits Nestlé S.A.
Act. Rate: Full-Time, 100%
Type of contract: Permanent contract
MD or PhD with international track-record in translational musculo-skeletal science
Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland, employs approximately 800 people and is comprised of four Nestlé Institutes: Material Sciences, Health Sciences, Food Safety & Analytical Sciences and Packaging Sciences. Please have a tour of our facilities using this link or read more about Nestlé Research at our website. The position will be homed on the EPFL campus at the Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS), which delivers world-class research in biomedical science to maintain and improve health through nutrition.
Your main mission will be to manage a scientific group of 5-10 people (scientists, technicians, students) and to propose and lead research projects in the area of musculo-skeletal physiology to deliver nutrition and health solutions for growth in infants/children and physical decline during aging. You will also ensure operational leadership of the group and alignment and prioritization of activities with department and business priorities.
A day in the life of Group Leader in Musculo-Skeletal Physiology
- Lead and develop people
- Drive scientific strategy of the group & transfer breakthrough innovation across the organization
- Communicate and convince scientific and non-scientific audiences
- Execute project deliverables in collaboration with internal and external partners
- Identify new ideas and opportunities, including external collaborations
- Maintain competitive expertise & lab equipment
- Manage resources and budgets
- Publish scientific articles and file patents
What will make you successful
- Biomedical background (MD or PhD) in musculo-skeletal science
- At least 5-10 years of experience as project and people leader, ideally in industry
- International network and track record in bone, muscle or cartilage biology
- Scientific entrepreneurship with translational mindset
- Analytical thinking & ability to communicate with impact
- Strong capacity to convince and inspire high performing teams in a matrix environment
- Fluent in English, French would be a plus