Hapa, headquartered in Volketswil, Switzerland, is a leader in on-demand printing and late-stage customization for the pharma & healthcare industry.
Hapa's mission is to empower customers to improve lean production with printing solutions that add value to packaging processes, being a proud supplier to nearly all of the major pharmaceutical companies worldwide.
Hapa is part of Coesia, a group of innovation-based industrial and packaging solutions companies operating globally, headquartered in Bologna, Italy.
Coesia has operating units in 36 countries, a turnover of 1,876 million euros in 2021, and over 8,000 employees.
About the Role
We are looking for a result-oriented and highly motivated individual to join our team as an Area Sales Manager. As an Area Sales Manager, you will be responsible for achieving budgeted sales and gross margin targets in the defined territories. Your role will involve developing the sales strategy for the designated territories in collaboration with the sales channels. You will also be responsible for effectively managing the channels to ensure the targets are not only met but exceeded.
In the role of the Area Sales Manager, you will report to the Supervisor Agent Manager and be responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in specific assigned business units and regions to achieve sales results in line with commercial and budget goals. You will also keep accurate records of all prices, sales, and activities connected to business and customers. This position will be based in Volketswil, Switzerland.
Main responsibilities and activities
- Manage and support agents/OEMs. Achieve and surpass the budgeted sales and gross margin targets for the assigned territories
- Develop a comprehensive territory sales strategy in coordination with the sales channels to drive business growth and market penetration
- Implement disciplined channel management practices to maximize sales opportunities and optimize profitability
- Identify strategically important customers and establish strong business relationships with key stakeholders
- Regularly travel within the assigned territories to provide coaching and support to the sales teams, ensuring they are equipped to meet their targets
- Organize and conduct meetings with strategically important customers to understand their requirements and provide appropriate solutions
- Negotiate and finalize contracts with customers, ensuring they are in line with the company's guidelines and objectives
- Track market trends and competitive activities in the assigned territories, providing insights and recommendations to the management for business growth
- Monitor and analyze the sales performance, identify areas of improvement, and take appropriate actions to address any gaps or issues
- Collaborate with other departments, such as marketing and product management, to align strategies and leverage cross-functional resources for achieving sales objectives
What You Need to Be Successful
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in a commercial role in capital equipment sales, preferably in the healthcare packaging industry
- Possess an engineering or business administration degree or higher
- Business fluent in English and German language, both written and oral
- Availability to travel (50% of working time): global exposure in international markets will be required
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Team player, personal drive, and result oriented
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively
- Effective communication skills to easily build trust towards colleagues and stakeholders
- Successful customer-centric approach
- Skillset using MS Office suite and familiarity with CRM and other sales tools
- Knowledge of French will be considered a plus
We offer an exciting and challenging position in an international environment with a competitive salary package and comprehensive benefits.
Join the Team! We are looking forward to receiving your application!
If you are a highly driven individual with a passion for sales, we would love to hear from you. Join our dynamic team and contribute to our continued success as an Area Sales Manager.
This is a permanent position, full-time. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Dajana Sipa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that we do not accept applications via mail. Please use the link to apply via our career site.
External agencies are kindly requested not to contact the company regarding this position.
Coesia is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity and inclusion.
Contact: Hapa AG, Human Resources, Chriesbaumstrasse 4, 8604 Volketswil, www.hapa.ch