Three becomes one. The Eastern Switzerland University of Applied Sciences (OST) is the joint continuation of the FHS St.Gallen, HSR Rapperswil and NTB Buchs. We are at home in St.Gallen, Buchs and Rapperswil, teach at Bachelor and Master level, offer further education and services, and conduct applied research and development. We are at the pulse of life, in the midst of society and in dialogue with teaching, research and business.
As a leading institute in the field of solar energy technologies and renewable energy systems, the SPF Institute for Solar Technology is looking for you as an
You will work in an interdisciplinary research team at the OST Campus Rapperswil. You will carry out applied research and development in the field of renewable energies in national and international projects and potentially lead and acquire research projects in this field.
- You strengthen our team in the field of electrical engineering, energy system simulations and data analysis
- You carry out projects in the field of applied research and development with the goal to develop efficient and cost-effective renewable energy technologies and assist their market integration
- Besides the scientific work you are in contact with other research laboratories, public funding entities and industry
- University degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in energy system modelling, demand forecasting and analysis of environmental impacts of energy systems
- You are able to deal with complex systems, you communicate clearly and precisely and are socially competent
- You are motivated to work for the goals of the energy transition and a zero carbon energy system
- You speak and write English fluently, knowledge of German language and knowledge of Python and TRNSYS are of advantage
- A diverse and demanding job with a high degree of personal responsibility at a top University
- Close cooperation with experienced and committed team colleagues, industrial partners and state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Energy research projects in an international context and in an interdisciplinary environment
- Ideal conditions for application-oriented R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and energy efficiency
Are you interested and do you have the required qualification? Then we look forward to receiving your application via our online tool (jobs-ost.ch) by no later than December 20, 2020. For further information, please contact us by email, Beate Raquet, secretary, email@example.com.