At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
- To provide assistance for all internal and external customers as one of the first points of contact within the company
- To provide support for all FM functions
Basel and on rare occasions Zürich
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
HSE AND SUSTAINABILITY
- Help ensure BCC AG provides a clean and healthy working environment; help ensure the safety of all employees and visitors on site; help protect property from damage; help ensure the reputation and stabilityof the company in respect to HSE and Sustainability is maintained.
- Assist with the implementation of the FM Strategy (and a new CAFM software) in your relevant function.
- To report any complaints/repairs/requests to FM Support and follow-up on any incidents.
- To support all FM functions whenever necessary.
- To attend the FM Team Meeting every fortnight.
- To assist with the BCC Security & Safety Concept, participate in any relevant training and perform the assigned tasks in an emergency or training exercise.
- Help ensure the security of the site (in compliance with established safety & security practice).
- To assist with the Securiton system (access changes etc).
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION & RECEPTION SERVICES MANAGEMENT
- To carry out normal Reception duties such as dealing with visitors and staff (issuing badges, maintaining visitors/telephone lists, preparing materials for new staff, etc); organizing the company's incoming/outgoing mail (post and courier); organizing the company's parking facilities; ordering taxis; distributing travel documents and publications, as necessary.
- To organize starters/leavers with the HR Xpert System; to assist with the organization of office workplaces.
- To carry out routine clerical tasks as assigned.
- To assist in seminar preparations; organize catering facilities, etc
- To assist with updating FM documentation (e.g. FM Handbooks) and the FM website regularly and to assist other departments, as needed.
- Help ensure external service providers daily service is carried out as required.
- Office materials organization (assist with the procurement, storage and distribution).
- Organise in-house distribution and collection of post/courier services.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Education: good general education; languages (English/German) and computer skills essential.
- Experience: previous experience in the hotel/reception field expected
- must be a team player and be service-orientated
- excellent communication and organizational skills
- able to work accurately, quickly and neatly
- able to work without supervision
- good presentation, outgoing personality and a pleasant manner
- be able to help visitors and staff in a friendly, effective and efficient manner
- punctuality and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures essential
- be flexible concerning working hours in order to meet the demands of the position
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Bayer is committed to providing barrier-free access and support-facilities for individuals with disabilities - during the application process and beyond. Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to request any support / equipment they may need via the contact information below.