At its locations around the world, Siegfried offers employees exciting career opportunities in international settings. We cultivate multidisciplinary cooperation and encourage our staff to actively shape and influence their careers. This approach, coupled with our dynamic working environment, make Siegfried an attractive employer.
- Works as part of a team with other chemists, engineers and technicians
- Plans, develops and optimizes economical, ecological, safe and scalable chemical processes for the production of pharmaceutical substances
- Transfers the chemical processes to our GMP manufacturing facilities and provides support throughout the production including troubleshooting
- Co-operates with the project team consisting of project manager, project analytical chemist, QA manager, production chemist, safety/health/environment and purchasing manager
- Is responsible for compliance with deadlines and budgets according to the project requirements
- Prepares relevant project documents (synthesis instructions, development reports, progress reports, etc.)
- Collaborates with external customers
- PhD in synthetic chemistry, preferably in Organic Chemistry
- Experience in the field of chemical process development is an advantage
- Experience in transfer of chemical processes to pilot or production is an advantage
- Sound knowledge of MS Office programs
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations is an advantage
- Familiarity with software programs for DoE (Stavex, Modde) and reaction modeling (Dynochem, Visimix) is an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in both German and English
- Strong team player with a structured way of working
Working at Siegfried
Siegfried's work environment is dynamic and international. With a highly professional and motivated team, the company operates in a future-oriented business field. Siegfried possesses a unique culture that leverages cultural differences to create a competitive advantage. Siegfried places highest priority on providing a flexible, diverse and discrimination-free working environment in which employees can develop personally and professionally, advance innovation and deliver superior performance. We strive to provide a work environment where employees can take on challenging jobs and associated responsibilities that best serve their personal and technical development and can benefit from the success of our company. The company regulations in respect of compensation and career development opportunities apply to all Siegfried sites. Additional conditions of employment are governed by location-specific circumstances, legislation and customs.
Who we are
In the Midst of People's Lives - Across the Globe
The Siegfried Group is one of the world's leading Custom Development and Manufacturing Organizations (CDMOs) developing and producing active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), intermediates and finished dosage forms. As our core competence, we successfully integrate chemical and pharmaceutical capabilities into a single business model.
The Siegfried name stands for highest quality, efficiency, flexibility and safety. Present in Europe, Asia and North America, we serve a broad global customer base from major international pharmaceutical companies down to small biologic-pharmaceutical organizations. For them we develop and produce product innovations on a large scale to finished products. We integrate our offer seamlessly into the customers' value chain. Our comprehensive services range from early-stage Research & Development services such as synthesis, scale-up, formulation development, stability studies and method development all the way through to manufacturing services, ranging from preclinical R&D material for clinical trial purposes to commercial production.
We are able to produce about 200 of the approximately 1500 registered drug substances used in medicine. Moreover, we produce 20 percent of global demand for caffeine. Consequently, nearly 1 billion individuals come into contact with Siegfried products.
What we do in Zofingen
Zofingen is the hub of the Siegfried Group. The production facility at our Zofingen headquarters supplies our customers around the globe with exemplary Swiss quality. The Siegfried company is a popular employer in the Zofingen region, where we meet our social responsibility by training apprentices.
- Development and commercial manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and corresponding intermediates
- Fully compliant with cGMP and SHE (Safety, Health and Environmental) standards
- Manufacture of high potency active ingredients in development and production
- Micronization in development and production
- Contract manufacturing of new active ingredients