At its locations around the world, Siegfried offers employees exciting career opportunities in international settings. We cultivate multidisciplinary cooperation and encourage our staff to actively shape and influence their careers. This approach, coupled with our dynamic working environment, make Siegfried an attractive employer.
Siegfried has a wide range of development and multi-purpose production facilities for active pharmaceutical ingredients (API). The Zofingen site produces complex active ingredients for healing patients, for veterinary medicine, or as active ingredients for food and beverages.
As a Project Chemist R&D, you will work alongside a team of chemists, engineers and technicians to develop and optimize chemical processes for pharmaceutical production. You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with project requirements, transferring processes to manufacturing facilities, and collaborating with external customers. Your strong problem-solving skills, structured way of working, and excellent communication skills will be key to your success in this role.
- Work as part of a team with other chemists, engineers and technicians
- Plan, develop and optimize economical, ecological, safe and scalable chemical processes for the production of pharmaceutical substances
- Transfer the chemical processes to our GMP manufacturing facilities and provides support throughout the production including troubleshooting
- Co-operate with the project team consisting of project manager, project analytical chemist, QA manager, production chemist, safety/health/environment and purchasing manager
- You are responsible for compliance with deadlines and budgets according to the project requirements
- Prepare relevant project documents (synthesis instructions, development reports, progress reports, etc.)
- Collaborate with external customers
- Several years of professional experience in the field of chemical process development
- PhD in synthetic chemistry, preferably in Organic Chemistry
- Experience in transfer of chemical processes to pilot or production is an advantage
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations is an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with software programs for DoE (Stavex, Modde) and reaction modeling (Dynochem, Visimix) is an advantage
- Strong team player with a structured way of working
Working at Siegfried
- Flexible working hours make it possible to combine family, leisure time and career
- Parking is available at a reduced rate
- Health insurance: Discounts of up to 10% on additional insurances with our partners for you and your partner/family
- Our stock purchase plan is generous and individually tailored.
- Paid breakfast break to foster a healthy working culture
- Family allowance: all employees entitled to child and/or education allowances receive an additional monthly family allowance
- Child allowance: Siegfried AG increases the child allowance by 10% compared to the cantonal statutory rate
- Individual further training opportunities by arrangement
- Reka money: Siegfried AG grants employees a 20% discount; Reka money is a dedicated means of payment for vacations, leisure activities, transportation and meals.
- Pension fund: Our company pension fund is attractive and contributions can be arranged individually
- Staff restaurant / cafeteria: meals at preferential conditions
- Central location: Close to the train station with very good public transport connections
Who we are
In the Midst of People's Lives - Across the Globe
The Siegfried Group is one of the world's leading Custom Development and Manufacturing Organizations (CDMOs) developing and producing active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), intermediates and finished dosage forms. As our core competence, we successfully integrate chemical and pharmaceutical capabilities into a single business model.
The Siegfried name stands for highest quality, efficiency, flexibility and safety. Present in Europe, Asia and North America, we serve a broad global customer base from major international pharmaceutical companies down to small biologic-pharmaceutical organizations. For them we develop and produce product innovations on a large scale to finished products. We integrate our offer seamlessly into the customers' value chain. Our comprehensive services range from early-stage Research & Development services such as synthesis, scale-up, formulation development, stability studies and method development all the way through to manufacturing services, ranging from preclinical R&D material for clinical trial purposes to commercial production.
We are able to produce about 200 of the approximately 1500 registered drug substances used in medicine. Moreover, we produce 20 percent of global demand for caffeine. Consequently, nearly 1 billion individuals come into contact with Siegfried products.
What we do in Zofingen
Zofingen is the hub of the Siegfried Group. The production facility at our Zofingen headquarters supplies our customers around the globe with exemplary Swiss quality. The Siegfried company is a popular employer in the Zofingen region, where we meet our social responsibility by training apprentices.
- Development and commercial manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and corresponding intermediates
- Fully compliant with cGMP and SHE (Safety, Health and Environmental) standards
- Manufacture of high potency active ingredients in development and production
- Micronization in development and production
- Contract manufacturing of new active ingredients