Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity's most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
As analytical chemist in our Development Center in Münchwilen (AG) you will be given the excellent opportunities for acting at the interface of product development, regulatory affairs and industrial production. The focus of the position is the development and implementation of advanced analytical techniques to guide the chemical and formulation development. In this position you will be part of interdisciplinary project teams. A typical further career opportunity would be developing in a team leader role.
- You will conduct applied analytical science in the field of development of novel agrochemical active ingredients and formulations
- You will independently design and execute experimental programs to support a variety of active ingredients and products throughout their lifecycle
- You will closely collaborate with synthesis chemists and formulation chemists to develop new agrochemical products.
- You will contribute to interdisciplinary projects by providing analytical science to support a range of different internal and external customers (such as other development functions, regulatory affairs, production & supply, procurement and marketing) during product development and product lifecycle management.
- You will engage directly with other functions and sites to ensure the successful delivery of projects (e.g. chemistry, biology, engineering, manufacturing commercial and supply chain)
- Furthermore, you will develop and maintain the knowledge in the developments in science and technology that are relevant to the research topics.
- You will also be responsible for the technical and administrative day-to-day management to support the team leader. You will act as deputy of the team leader.
- As GLP study director you will conduct various types of studies under GLP to support registration activities of active ingredients and formulations
What are we looking for:
- Entry level position for Postdocs, PhD/MSc/BSc graduates in the field of Analytical Chemistry/Organic Chemistry/Food Chemistry or equivalent with good understanding for chemical synthesis.
- Strong background in the field of analytical chemistry.
- Practical experience of liquid chromatography and gas chromatography techniques with various detectors and preferably NMR.
- Scientific problem-solving and good team-working skills
- Experience in data analysis and statistical methods is a plus.
- Maintaining a forward looking, results oriented focus at all times, communicating well with people at all levels and having a supportive network of contacts outside own team
- Fluent in German and English
- Working experience in GLP, GMP or ISO certified Environment is a plus
- Sound project management skills, working across functions, geographies and cultures
- With your openness and understanding of mutuality, your active communication and continuous value assessment you foster and encourage our team spirit. You communicate and work effectively with scientific and non-scientific staff at all levels within the organization.
What we offer:
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
- A competitive pension fund plan
- Working independently in an open and multicultural environment
- A position with interesting scientific challenges and training opportunities
- Scientific and technical excellence
- With your work you can make an impact to the food security of people -> #bringingplantpotentialtolife
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates) - reference number: 18028777
Please be aware that the job title may differ from the position title
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.