Rothschild & Co
Rothschild & Co is one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups. We offer a distinct perspective that makes a meaningful difference to our clients’ business and wealth.
With a team of 3,800 talented financial services specialists on the ground in 40 countries across the world, we provide independent advice on M&A, strategy and financing, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments. As a family-controlled business that has been at the centre of the world’s financial markets for over 200 years, we can rely on an unrivalled network of specialists and are known for our track-record of outstanding execution in financial services.
Rothschild & Co Wealth Management
For over 200 years, Rothschild & Co’s freedom to offer objective advice and our commitment to personal service have combined to shape and grow our private clients’ wealth, building value for generations. Our dynamic growth and ambitious targets in relation to quality, innovation and reliability have created a need for the above mentioned role.
Overview of Role
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to strengthen and support the Legal team of Rothschild & Co Bank AG in Zurich. The successful candidate will directly report to the Head of Legal.
- Providing in-house legal advice to management and staff in private banking and regulatory law, including credit and collective investment schemes topics
- Advising on and managing all aspects of client complaints; co-ordination with and instruction of external counsel in litigation matters
- Working closely with relationship managers of the bank to respond to all legal and regulatory aspects of queries arising out of their relationship with the clients
- Performing legal reviews of business strategies, financial services/products and agree on an effective legal risk framework for the respective business/services
- Drafting and reviewing legal forms, contracts, correspondence as well as internal policies
- Dealing with authorities regarding legal proceedings of supervisory, criminal and civil law nature
- Assessment and support with the implementation of legislative developments and regulatory changes related to the international private banking business
- Facilitating and supporting projects within the bank and/or the group
- Supporting of internal departments (e.g. Investment and Operations)
Education and Qualifications
- Swiss University Law degree, admission to the Bar in Switzerland and (as an advantage) LLM
- At least 7 years of professional experience in a similar role in the banking area (ideally private banking) or in a law firm (specialised in banking law)
- Excellent legal background and good knowledge of banking law
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong service and client orientation
- High performance and decisive approach
- Ability to cope with time pressure, prioritize and solve problems
- Reliable, accurate and discrete manner
- Co-operative, constructive and positive minded personality
- Proficient in German and English (written and spoken); other languages (in particular French) are an asset
- Pro-active personality
- Team player, ethical attitude
- High quality standards with business drive and a “can do” attitude
If you are curious to learn more about us and have valuable experiences in a similar role, then please submit your CV and Cover Letter through our recruitment tool.