Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info
Interactive Broker is looking for a motivated and talented attorney with experience in financial services retail work and familiarity with securities and broker-dealer issues. The legal counsel will be involved in a wide range of matters and assist with legal research, drafting of contractual documentation and policy documents, researching and drafting replies to complex customer complaints. The ideal candidate will be familiar with Excel and Power Point and will have the ability to interrogate internal databases and instruct software developers. The legal counsel will sit within the European legal team whose members are based in the UK, Ireland and Hungary. This position can be based in London, Dublin or Zug.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Assist with the drafting and review of client facing documentation, inter company and other agreements.
- Help with the maintenance of outsourcing agreements.
- Research and draft initial reply to complex customer complaints.
- Assist with the launch of new account types and new product offerings.
- Draft and carry out annual update of Key Information Documents.
- Carry out annual reviews of customer facing documentation and account applications. Updating internal records.
- Assist with the interaction with the developers when required to change customer documentation, sections of the website and delivery of client communications.
- Summarise legal advice and document legal projects.
- Advise on account life events (such as incapacities, estates, insolvencies, account freezes or closures).
- Research legal topics and draft legal memos on legal and regulatory requirements applicable to existing and new line of business.
Qualification & Skills
- A EU qualification with at least 3-year experience at a law firm, financial institution, financial services regulatory agency, exchange or EU/US authorised broker-dealer.
- Solid academic background.
- Excellent command of English.
- Distinct ability to establish, document and operationalize legal processes.
- Strong conceptual, organisational and analytical skills.
- Dedicated problem solver with a can-do attitude.
- Practical and flexible approach to work.
- Strong command of Excel, Jira and Confluence.