Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
Our Market Access team monitor population demographics and develop solutions to give patients access to our medicines. We act as both educators and advocates for our products, processes, and practices that help us revolutionize how our medicines create value in society.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Create, maintain, and gain approval for global pricing strategy guidance for various new and in-line Oncology products
- Communicate the approved guidance with local and regional teams, via various methods, to facilitate understanding of the global price strategies for Oncology products.
- Review and analyze proposals to establish, or revise, local list and net prices via the Price Action Request Form (PARF) process to ensure alignment with approved pricing guidance.
- Work with local/regional/global pricing, access, policy and commercial colleagues as part of the business case review, providing global guidance as appropriate
- Present the aligned pricing proposals to various regional/global leaders for review and approvals.
- Act as Market Access and Pricing Oncology liaison partner for key regional/country teams on pricing issues
- Collaborate with Portfolio Market Access and Pricing team on tracking and analyzing analogues and competitor products to understand shifting payer landscape
- Be answerable and present to Senior Management on price strategy issues
- Advise commercial key functions on pricing strategies, incl. representing Oncology Global Pricing in relevant committees' meetings
- Collaborate closely with Business Development to consider pricing, access and reimbursement in new initiatives
- Collaborate with external partners
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject
- MBA or advanced degree is preferred
Experience and Skills
- Overall experience 2+ years in pricing, market access or similar roles
- 2 years+ experience in pricing/access/reimbursement with global markets
- 2 years+ experience in pricing/access/reimbursement with oncology product
- Understanding of price/volume deal structures
- Strong and proven analytical skills
- Understanding of the global payer environment and perspectives
- Experience with policy initiatives
- Experience in strong influencing, negotiating, conflict resolution skills
- Strategic thinking and integration skills
- Experience successfully leading cross functional matrix teams
- Proven success working within large and complex strategic initiatives
- Strong project management and implementation/operational skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand, develop and communicate scientific based strategies and messages
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong commercial orientation and business acumen
Our company has had a presence in Switzerland since 1963. With a regional office and manufacturing/packaging facility, Lucerne is considered the center of operations. Approximately 1,000 people work collaboratively at the four Lucerne locations (Weystrasse, Citybay, Schachen and Kriens). A fifth location has been recently established in Zurich, aimed at accelerating the development and commercialization of many of our company’s medicines and vaccines, which supports our mission to save and improve lives around the world. The new location has a target date of 2021 for operational readiness.
We are proud to be certified as a “Top Employer Switzerland” and “Top Employer Europe” showing the company’s commitment to our employees and the community around us.
The recently opened new location in Zurich focuses on accelerating research, data and commercialization of our medicines and vaccines. The new office will be staffed by teams working in strategic and operational roles in medical affairs, clinical development, access and marketing operations functions.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.