Who we are
In a life without sound, our work provides meaning. As a leading provider of innovative hearing care solutions, we are not just a company that makes products: we are a team on a mission to help people enjoy the delight of hearing. To enable a life without limitations, we - through our core business brands Phonak, Unitron, Hansaton, Advanced Bionics and AudioNova - develop, manufacture and distribute solutions that push the limits of technology and redefine the future of our industry.
In this role, you will work together with our experts and patent attorneys of the Patent and Design Rights Team within the Research & Development department located in Stäfa.
- Support inventors and patent attorneys in creativity workshops, the preparation of invention disclosures, prior art searches, patent prosecution and maintenance decisions
- Oversee and manage Freedom-to-Operate investigations, including patent database searches, screening of patent activities, and reviews of patent publications of competitors in the field of hearing systems
- Provide IP training to inventors, technical patent experts and business partners
- Provide first level support to internal users of the electronic patent management system
- Assist in administrative, organizational and accounting tasks of the Patent and Design Rights Team
- Degree in electrical engineering, physics or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years corporate experience in the international patent practice or project management
- Ability to distill and communicate complex technical and legal concepts clearly and succinctly
- Ability to identify, review and explain patent-related matters and to provide IP advice to internal clients
- Experience in searching and retrieving of information from IP databases and registers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English
We can offer you a new challenge, with interesting tasks and much more - including an open corporate culture, flat hierarchies, support for further training and development, opportunities to take on responsibility, an excellent range of foods, sports and cultural facilities, attractive employment conditions, and flexible working time models in various roles.
Gianni Raffi, Senior Talent Acquisition Manager, is looking forward to receiving your complete application (cover letter, CV, references and certificates) via our online job application platform.
For this vacancy only direct applications will be considered.
+41 58 928 01 01
Sonova is an equal opportunity employer.
We team up. We grow talent. We collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds to win with the best team in the market place. We guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of a candidate's ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation or marital status, gender, genetic identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.