EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
In a world that's changing faster than ever, our purpose acts as our 'North Star' guiding our more than 300,000 people - providing the context and meaning for the work we do every day. In doing so, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, clients and communities. Thanks to our innovative services in auditing, tax consulting as well as transaction and management consulting, we proudly drive our clients into the future.
As the only one of the Big 4 with a specialist cross-border practice dedicated to the Financial Services Sector, we offer our clients seamless, consistent and high-quality services around the globe.
Our Consulting business offers a broad range of functional and cross-country services dedicated to providing high-value and trusted advice to clients, with a specific focus on business transformation programs in the Financial Services industry.
Your key responsibilities
- You will become part of our Finance Technology team within our Technology Consulting practice supporting local as well as global financial services clients (Banking/Insurance/Wealth & Asset Management industry)
- Advising clients on finance transformation related services and solutions along the CFO agenda
- Be part of a team delivering large business led and tech enabled transformation programs with strong focus on managing / leading their delivery in a complex multi-national landscape
- Topics vary from project management, process improvement, business analysis, definition of future business/technical requirements, system implementation and, day-two readiness topics after regulatory finance change (e.g. IFRS 17/9), , performance management, and quality assurance of project deliveries
- Establishing the finance function of the future driven by digital and regulatory transformation, by using hybrid and/or agile methodologies
- Able to understand the requirements of every project phase and translating into project plan, deliverables (incl. oversight of all project delivery phases)
- Structuring and analyzing the as-is state, deriving insights, defining the to-be state and proposing actions to reach the solution
- Work on projects jointly with our strategic alliance partners by applying innovative technologies as SAP S/4HANA for Finance and MS Cloud services
- Participate in the development of our methodologies and tools
- Collaborative working environment across service lines, competencies and sectors in our Consulting practice
Skills and attributes for success
- Degree (BA, MA, PhD) in economics or finance, industrial engineering, business informatics or business administration
- Strong analytical, solution-oriented and curious mindset
- Reliable personality with a precise way of working
- Ability to structure and analyze problems in a systematic and organized fashion
- Strong team player and not one-person-only contributor
- Can-do mindset, with a focus on high performance standards and ability to work in a focused, responsible, and independent manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to demonstrate initiative and a flexible working style within a multi-national team
- Fluent in English and German, other languages are seen as asset
- Initial practical experience in the Finance environment (accounting, closing, consolidation, reporting and budgeting/ forecast) and understanding of accounting/reporting systems preferably in the Financial Services industry
- Strong interest in Finance function driven processes and the underlying IT systems, evaluation of IT architectures and data models
- Knowledgeable about ERP systems, such as SAP, and reporting systems is a plus
What we offer
EY Switzerland offers you to work in a diverse and inclusive environment with around 3,000 employees from 64 different countries. You will collaborate with the best, learn from the best and continually grow, as we invest a significant portion of our annual turnover in the personal development and training of our employees.
Click here to find out more about our benefits and corporate social responsibility.
Have we sparked your interest? We look forward to receiving your complete application with CV, cover letter, certificates, and transcript of grades.
For more information, please contact our recruitment team (email@example.com / +41 58 286 33 66).
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.