Data Protection Specialist (Ref. 1897)
As a leading sustainable private bank, we offer dynamic and personalized services in investment advisory and asset management for private and institutional clients. Our success depends on the enthusiasm and commitment of our employees and we value each person with their unique technical expertise, professional qualifications and social skills.
We are successfully operating for more than 180 years across 27 locations worldwide and offer our employees the chance to be a part of our success. Our employees are our most valuable asset, we are proud of our unique culture that fosters entrepreneurship and is fueled by a high team spirit and the positive attitude of each individual. Join our international team and be part of the next chapter of the J. Safra Sarasin Group.
The Bank is looking for a Data Protection Specialist. In this role, you will be part of the Data Protection Competence Center of the Bank to further develop, maintain and enforce the Data Protection Framework of the Bank in Switzerland and, more broadly, the J. Safra Sarasin Group.
- Provide support for the implementation of the revised Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection as well as the implementation of other data privacy laws impacting the Group
- Work in close collaboration with internal stakeholders for the preparation of privacy assessments (e.g. Privacy by Design, Data Protection Impact Assessments, other ad-hoc assessments, etc.) for projects, initiatives, processes involving personal data to ensure adherence to data privacy requirements
- Further enhance and maintain the Bank's data protection framework, in particular the register of processing activities
- Provide support for the handling of data subject requests
- Further develop the Bank's Data Protection Framework processes, procedures and controls
- Promote and foster a data protection culture within the organization
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a similar function preferably in a private banking organization
- University degree or equivalent education and professional background in Law, Compliance, IT, IT Security, Risk Management, Regulatory Advisory or Audit
- Extensive knowledge of data privacy and data protection laws and regulations. Certifications such as IAPP or CAS would be an asset
- Good knowledge of the private banking industry and related operational processes
- Good understanding and knowledge of IT, IT security, Cyber security aspects in relation to data privacy
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, as well as a high level of flexibility and adaptability to changes
- Commitment to high quality delivery, willingness to take responsibility, proactive and capability to work independently
- High motivation, readiness to work in a challenging and dynamic environment and willingness to contribute in a team culture
- Proficient in English and preferably in German, excellent communication and presentation skills with varied stakeholders
Please note that only direct applications will be considered.