NBE-Therapeutics is a subsidiary of the Boehringer Ingelheim group: a perfect symbiosis between a rapidly growing biotechnology company and an already well established big pharma. We are located in Basel, a Swiss city on the river Rhine, known for being an important center of chemical and pharmaceutical industries but also renowned for its versatile cultural aspects – a great place to live and work. Our Research Team is committed to the development of next generation antibody drug conjugates for the treatment of cancer. We are looking for a highly motivated:
You will provide technical support in the evaluation of novel monoclonal antibodies and antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) in relevant mouse tumor models.
As the team is still expanding, we are looking for a skilled and smart individual, who would like to work in a small team and learn/apply a broad range of techniques, in a dynamic environment where everybody’s performance has a direct influence on the success of the company.
- Handling and working with laboratory animals, including observation of animal wellbeing, data collection, sampling of in vivo/ex vivo material, drug administration (i.v., o.g., i.p., s.c.)
- Planning and preparing of in vivo studies
- Keeping Track of the in vivo work and the protocols
- Confirm availability of required equipment and prepare equipment/software protocols for recordings. Report equipment shortages/faults.
- Record and analyze electronic files.
- Comply with animal welfare legislation and through your attitude and actions contribute to a culture of care.
- Execute key activities to maintain the care of laboratory animals (i.e. providing clean housing with correct identification, food, water and an appropriatly enriched environment).
- Provide support for in vitro activities such as cell culture and standard molecular biology techniques (e.g. ELISA, western blot, FACS, SDS-PAGE).
- Ex vivo analysis of in vivo material (e.g usage of gentleMACS dissociator)
- Laboratory Technician or Bachelor in Biology with certified training in animal work
- 2-3 years work experience and knowledge of preclinical in vivo models, cell and molecular biology.
- Valid LTK1 or matching habilitation to work with animal models
- Flexible person and keen to learn new skills and techniques
- Willingness to work independently, flexibility with regard to working-hours and ability to accommodate changing priorities, timelines or tasks
- Computer skills including the use of MS Office, Prism, Imaging software, FlowJo
- Basic understanding of molecular biology, biochemistry and cell biology methods
- Solid knowledge in English is required; German is helpful but not essential
Master and PhD applicants will NOT be considered for this position
NBE-Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
For more information about NBE Therapeutics AG, please visit http://www.nbe-therapeutics.com. We look forward to receiving your application (including a motivation letter), which you are invited to send to: firstname.lastname@example.org referring to job-opening number ref210510J.