And then there was one: Eastern Switzerland University of Applied Sciences (OST) is the joint continuation of the FHS St.Gallen, HSR Rapperswil and NTB Buchs. We are at home in St.Gallen, Rapperswil and Buchs, teach at Bachelor and Master level, offer further education and services, and conduct applied research and development. We are at the pulse of life, in the midst of society and in dialogue with teaching, research and business.
The Institute for Electronics, Sensors, Actuators (ESA) supports teaching in the field of electronics and carries out pioneering projects in the area of applied research with numerous companies.
to collaborate in a starting challenging research project for the duration of twenty months.
Industrial partner is Sleepiz AG, a Zürich based digital health startup with a mission to provide patient-centric disease management through seamless integration of contactless monitoring into people’s homes. Sleepiz leverages the power of sleep insights with a device that is simply placed on the bedside table. The device operates in a noncontact fashion and measures movements originating from heart contractions and breathing patterns, as well as body motions with medical grade accuracy.
- Evaluation of radar and sensor systems for medical applications
- Development of algorithms for the detection of vital signs
- Experimental validation of such algorithms
- A doctorate or PhD in the field of radar systems, especially MIMO radars and / or radar signal processing
- Master's degree in physics or information technology or electrical engineering or electronics
- The ability to work independently and efficiently
- Active cooperation in interdisciplinary teams
- Good programming and analytic skills
- Very good knowledge of German and/or English, written and spoken
- Pleasure in learning and open-mindedness for new things
- An exciting leading-edge research project
- An independent and very diversified activity in an attractive interdisciplinary environment
- A motivated, creative and competent team
- Modern and well-equipped laboratories
Are you interested and do you have the required qualification? Then we look forward to receiving your application via our online tool (jobs-ost.ch) by no later than January 31, 2021. For further information please contact the head of the institute Prof. Guido Piai, phone +41 58 257 33 91.