Ridgeline Discovery is looking for a Software Engineer / Data Scientist
Ridgeline Discovery, a Versant Ventures Discovery Engine creates and operates Versant-financed innovative biotech companies in Basel, Switzerland. In its first years Ridgeline has assembled an international team of > 30 highly experienced drug discovery professionals and built and operated several new successful companies, including Black Diamond, Bright Peak and Monte Rosa. Our exceptional team of data scientists, biologists and chemists work with our biotech founders to drive research to create novel platforms and high-quality therapeutic candidates.
You will strengthen our team by work with Ridgeline data scientists, chemists, structural biologists, and biologists to help develop the Ridgeline in silico drug design platform, a fast, AI-based, serverless pipeline to screen and design small molecules and proteins.
- Contribute to the development of the Ridgeline in silico drug design platform
- Implement algorithms from research papers and integrate them with the in silico drug design platform
- Create APIs and tooling for data science and machine learning
You are a highly motivated and independent individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who is effective at working in a collaborative and diverse environment.
You have a MS or PhD degree in one of the following fields - Computer Science, Software Engineering, Bioinformatics, or a related discipline.
- Expertise in one or more general-purpose programming languages (such as Python, Java, Scala, C# or Go)
- 4+ years of real-world work experience in software development
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality, production-ready code (readable, well-tested, with well-designed APIs)
- Demonstrated ability to design high-quality scalable and extendable software architectures
- Familiarity with cloud computing services (Experience with AWS serverless technologies (Lambda, SQS, SNS, Amplify, AppSync, DynamoDB, Cloudformation etc)
- Familiarity with relational and NO-SQL databases
- Familiarity with web services and application frameworks (React Redux, Material-UI)
- Experience with statistics, machine learning, especially deep learning is a plus
- Experience with medium-sized data sets (100TB+) is a plus.
- Background in chemistry or biology is a plus
- Flexibility to accommodate to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
- Fast learner and willing to learn new skills and technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
To apply, please send us the application form together with your CV and Cover Letter.