Are you fascinated by the world of lightweight construction and the aerospace industry? You are interested in fiber reinforced composite materials? Excellent! We are offering an exciting and diverse position within our Research & Development. You take the lead in a fascinating industry and have the chance to achieve great things.
Our Research & Development department at the Breitenbach site develops and improves products and processes for the Insulation and Composites divisions throughout the Group. To meet the high demands of our customers with our innovative products, we are looking for you as a Team Leader R&D Aerospace (m/f/d) to join and grow the Von Roll team.
At Von Roll, a work environment with a mix of dynamics, personality, flexibility, and teamwork awaits you. Von Roll helps you to bring in your individual skills, dedication, and ideas. Our employees think, think ahead, and respond quickly to change thanks to their straightforward approach. Mutual appreciation, fair and reliable interaction and an intensive exchange are part of everyday work. With years of experience of experts and new teams, we are fit for the future.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior R&D Material Scientist or Chemist with a strong background and experience in composites. One who will take responsibility for all R&D projects and activities in the aerospace industry.
Summary of things that are key to this position:
Your responsibility and tasks
- You take the responsibility for all key development projects for the aerospace industry, ensuring a delivery on time, scope and budget and using agile product development methodology for fast and validated learning
- With your experience and knowledge, you lead a young and dynamic team of chemists/engineers and lab technicians
- You bring in and develop new concepts, ideas, and composite material solutions to improve the composite technology for Aerospace applications, meeting cost, weight and technical performance targets of our customers
- In close interaction with other internal functions, you lead the scale-up of new products, looking at the various options across the VonRoll sites.
- You are responsible for planning and execution of development projects and work packages. You collaborate with other sites, with universities and external partners to drive collaboration within a cross-functional team of experts and engineers, guiding the project team through the agile product development process and ensure successful milestone preparation.
- You identify and manage project risks and present project status to upper management and steering committee.
- You support material validation and qualification activities, as well as meetings with customers.
- While reporting to the R&D Composite Manager, you are key member of the worldwide R&D organization, helping to defining and implement the VonRoll Technology Roadmap towards intellectual property and project management driven tools.
- As an expert on fiber reinforced composites, you provide guidelines to R&D Laboratory technicians and production staff in terms of resin formulations, composite processing, laboratory management, process scale-up and Intellectual Property management.
- You hold a PhD in Chemistry or Materials Engineering
- You have at least 5 years of work experience in a similar role
- You have practical knowledge of advanced composite materials for mass transportation applications
- Ideally you bring advanced knowledge in resin formulation and prepreg processing
- Preferably you have been working in a company manufacturing products for Aerospace Industry
- You have demonstrated the ability to manage R&D and industrialization projects and to lead cross-functional teams of experts and engineers
- You are highly motivated, self-driven, an excellent communicator and team player
- You are fluent in English, knowledge of German is a plus
- Flat hierarchies
- Dynamic environment
- Flexible Working Hours
- Good Traffic Connections
- Highly motivated team
- International environment
- Employee Events
- Much personal responsibility
We offer a responsible and exciting position in an international environment, in a motivated and dynamic team, where you can actively take part and challenge your competencies and skills. Do you feel addressed? Then do not hesitate to contact us.
Please send your application directly through our homepage by clicking this link: Team Leader R&D Aerospace (m/f/d) 100% (dvinci-hr.com)