About Swiss Re
Swiss Re Reinsurance provides clients and brokers with reinsurance products, insurance-based capital market instruments and risk management services. Reinsurance operates globally through two segments – Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Reinsurance revenues totalled USD 29 billion in 2016.
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for a Marketing Actuary focusing on the acquisition and retention of new Life and Health business in the Middle East & North Africa, within our Life and Health Client Markets team based in Zürich. We are looking for a talented and passionate Vice President, who:
* Manages and develops Swiss Re relationships in the Middle East & North Africa.
* Develops strategies and action plans for chosen partners in target markets.
* Defines Swiss Re strategy in focus markets and deliver profitable reinsurance solutions.
* Identifies innovative solutions to increase market penetration and new business opportunities in chosen markets.
* Drives innovative product development initiatives with identified clients.
* Prices appropriate insurance product solutions within a well-defined actuarial pricing framework.
* Influences Swiss Re's current and prospective clients' business operations with sound risk management principles.
* Leverages Swiss Re's existing business relationships and global expertise within the markets.
* Builds Swiss Re's market profile in the region.
* Develops a network of relationship with key industry stakeholders in specified markets.
* Positions Swiss Re as an agenda shaping leader with industry bodies.
About the team
It is the responsibility of the client markets team to deliver the full spectrum of Swiss Re's Life and Health service and products to the client base and this role will be pivotal to ensuring this is achieved. The overall aim is to anticipate and identify opportunities for new business and earnings growth through management of selected clients. Retention of existing business, proactive management of customer issues will become important features of the role.
* Strong customer interaction skills.
* Credible technical background, specifically Life and Health related product expertise.
* A broad understanding of the Middle East & North Africa life and health insurance market is essential.
* Actuarial Fellow qualification is a pre-requisite.
* Actuarial Pricing skills and experience in applying the Actuarial control cycle.
* Fluency in English is essential and additional language skills are preferred, specifically either French and/or Arabic.
* 5+ year's business development within Financial Services / Life and Health insurance industry.
* An extended network of industry contacts at a senior level.
* Excellent communication skills combined with analytical, critical thinking, and independent decision making abilities.
* Initiative, commitment and advanced time management skills.
* Be self- motivated, thrive on the opportunity to work in a pressurised environment and be able to prioritise work flow.
* Be active in developing personal networks externally and internally within Swiss Re.
* Be a supportive team-player adding value to the business unit across multiple disciplines.
* Be willing to travel extensively to the Middle East, North Africa as well as other continents
Take a risk worth taking. Register and apply at
Reference code: 54641