Pensum: 100% | Location: Zürich | 3 days homeoffice | Start date: by arrangement
Your team is responsible for the websites and apps for some of the largest media brands in Switzerland, such as Tages-Anzeiger or Tribune de Genève, reaching a million daily users. As a team we want to build state-of-the-art digital products our customers love.
Your responsibilities would be:
We are looking for:
- Leading a team of 11 Frontend, Backend, and native mobile developers that are dedicated to building our digital news platforms.
- Coach and guide your team members along their personal growth journeys and restructure the team in a way that works best for you.
- Collaborating closely with the Product Owner and adjacent teams on new initiatives.
- Creating a team Identifying areas of improvement in the tech stack.
- Proposing refactorings (or doing them yourself), and advocating for architectural changes before they become liabilities.
What you get:
- Experience managing a Software Engineering team.
- A drive for engineering excellence, and hands-on experience with React, Node.js and TypeScript.
- Good understanding of the Full-stack: from the browser and CSS on one end, to REST APIs and databases on the other.
- A desire to share your expertise and mentor other team members.
- An ability to engage with business stakeholders, designers, and software engineers from other teams to jointly craft the best solutions possible, with a "getting things done" attitude.
- Fluency in English and a decent understanding of German. French language skills are a plus.
Our team mission:
- Above average pay package based on your experience
- Take 2 weeks of vacation and get an extra week of paid vacation
- Work and profit of the network from one of the biggest and most interesting company portfolios in Switzerland
- Flexible work schedules with home office and unpaid vacation possibility
- Frequent social and community events
- Access to training and career development opportunities
- Various Abo benefits with our partner network
- A unique campus-like work environment with a modern workspace in a unique building in downtown Zurich
- Staff restaurant run by a former Michelin star chef
We enable the future of quality journalism through technology and innovation. To do this, we need outstanding employees. That's why we have high standards, attract talented people and keep them. With us, they find interesting and meaningful work, as well as opportunities for individual development.About The Product:
Tamedia's future is digital. We build websites and mobile apps that deliver content to our readers. The website was completely rebuilt on a modern tech stack a few years ago, and runs on React, with Node.js behind it. Our code leverages Typescript, and we use MongoDB as a data store. Backend connections are over REST APIs. Performance, SEO, and web vital scores are important focus points.
We handle a sustained load of 150'000 requests/min, with peaks regularly exceeding 300'000, and we run everything in AWS. In order to iterate rapidly and have new features reach users' hands as quickly as possible, we have a modern CI/CD workflow where we deploy to production multiple times per day.
We're also in the process of rolling out new hybrid apps, which will leverage WebViews extensively to roll out new features to our readers as quickly as possible.About us:
Do you know us? At Tamedia
, the strongest editorial network in Switzerland, we help shape the country's topics and debates. We maintain an uncomplicated cooperation based on first-name culture. Our committed crew consists of diverse, quality-oriented personalities. Tamedia is part of TX Group, which consists of more than 50 brands, including the leading media companies in Switzerland, innovative advertising firms, and up-and-coming tech startups! This is a great place to be an Engineer - come join us and build the technology that delivers quality independent journalism!
Hiring Manager Hal Taylor
Head of Technology, Digital Publishing
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist Technology
We don't accept applications from third party agencies.