Java Developer vacancy for a globally operating Zurich based company in the financial sector.
- Masters' Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or a related field
- 7+ years of experience as Java developer in implementing server side applications in core Java, ideally, within financial industry
- Practice in designing applications using microservice architecture as well as with highly available, multi-threaded low latency platforms
- Expertise with different versions of Java and Java application frameworks such as Spring Boot as well as with API design and related technologies including OpenAPI, Swagger, REST and gRPC
- Knowledge of DevOps tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift and further cloud and containerisation technologies
- Familiar with Enterprise Integration Patterns using Spring integration or Apache Camel and with messaging frameworks such as Apache Kafka and Apache ActiveMQ
- Background in a development role within finance or computationally intense computing meaning banking, trading, asset management, risk management or insurance
- Solid understanding of financial products, time series and risk management principles
- Awareness of Linux environments, Angular 5/6, implementing web based GUIs as well as of Agile practices and processes is highly desirable
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken
- Fulfilling the challenging role of Senior Full Stack Java Lead Developer in a demanding business with a focus on risk management and portfolio optimization
- Contributing to developments in the area of portfolio optimisation and visualisation
- Implementing new requirements with particular emphasis on scalability, architecture, stability and automated testing
- Leading the effort and interacting with an international team of developers, architects and quantitative investment professionals
- Managing time-lines as well as technical and functional complexity without detailed requirements
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Does this spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.