WinGD (Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd.) plays a vital role in powering the marine industry and shaping our environment. As a leading developer of two-stroke, low-speed gas and diesel engines, used to power merchant shipping, our people are driving solutions on a global scale. Our target is to set the industry standard for reliability, efficiency and environmental sustainability in marine propulsion.
WinGD-designed engines are manufactured under license worldwide. Headquartered in Winterthur, Switzerland, since its inception in 1893, WinGD has preserved and continued the legacy of the Sulzer Diesel Engine business for excellence in design.
Our success in this ever evolving, competitive environment is based on the drive, innovation and passion of our diverse employee population, over 420 people worldwide, representing over 25 different nationalities. Together we work towards providing the solutions that will continue to revolutionize our industry.
WinGD is looking for a
- Root Cause analysis of mechanical failures or piston-running related
- Support the Experts team with incoming inquiries from vessels and engines in operation
- Participation in testing and commissioning support of engines and products followed by a structured reporting to stakeholders
- Preparation and updating product documentation (commissioning instructions, engine manuals, training materials)
- Direct and remote technical support for troubleshooting on engine's in service, technical support to warranty department
- Working with multicultural teams across the world
- Minimum BSc degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering
- Expert level knowledge of internal combustion reciprocating engines, preferably low speed 2-stroke marine engines (diesel and dual fuel)
- Additional knowledge of lubricants and marine fuels would be a great advantage
- Systematic, analytic and technical mind, experienced in practical problem solving
- Willing to travel, also at short notice and to work on-board Vessels, accepting temporary inconveniences of working environment
- An opportunity to shape the sustainability and environmental impact of the shipping industry. WinGD is on the leading edge of the technology which is shaping the future of the shipping industry
- A dynamic working environment, blending a long history of technology expertise with industry leading innovation across a global network
- Award winning and extraordinary products
- Multi-cultural and interdisciplinary teams offering diverse perspectives and collaborative thinking
- Dynamic and interactive working conditions. WinGD offers a non-hierarchical, agile structure where input and ideas are welcome
- In-house technology training and professional development opportunities
For additional information, please visit www.wingd.com
or get in contact with the Line Manager