We are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to join a multinational company. The role involves executing decisions, networking, managing and lead a busy office administratively. The successful candidate must navigate a complex world with ease while being solution-oriented, responding to subtle cues, and reacting with situational appropriateness. The position is located in the northwest of Switzerland.
You will work closely with the executive, keep him well informed of upcoming commitments, and follow up appropriately. A facilitative function that calls upon a combination of focus, flexibility, and a willingness to contribute actively. This goes hand in hand with filtering information and emails with consideration for his preferences. An ability to handle high-level interactions and build strong relationships is vital to this role. You filter out the noise and understand the intricacies of the business. Since the executive is traveling or in meetings most of the time, maximum flexibility is expected on your end. You will make sure that all meetings are seamlessly executed. He works at a fast pace and expects you to keep up—so you must have a passion for providing premium support. In simple terms, your contribution enables him to work most effectively to fulfill his executive mandate.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing an extremely active calendar; ensuring that all appointments are scheduled following the business priorities; arranging complex travel; composing and preparing correspondence; compiling documents for meetings; playing a gatekeeper and gateway role; creating win-win situations for direct access to his time.
- Working on short notice to organize board and other meetings. Acting with a high degree of autonomy and independent thought in the execution of all duties.
- Prioritizing conflicting needs; following up on concerns addressed to his office, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature; determining an appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Coordinating executive outreach and external relation efforts.
- Producing deliverables with a hands-on approach, including completing tasks that facilitate his ability to concentrate on his manifold projects within the company.
- Maintaining files in a manner that allows documents to be accessed and retrieved in a timely, efficient manner while always ensuring absolute data confidentiality.
- Serving as his administrative liaison to the Executive Board and managing activities; ensuring smooth communication between his office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support.
Requirements. First and foremost, you are loyal with a diplomatic nature and respect for confidentiality. You exercise good judgment and maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities and adapt to competing demands. You are a self-directed, trustworthy person with polished business manners and an acumen that facilitates easy interaction with people. Not least, you bring positive energy to the company.
- Commercial degree or a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration combined with a minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting C-Level executives in a global corporate environment.
- English as a mother tongue or at C2 (business fluent) proficiency level. German language skills are a plus.
- Clear, precise written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with strong attention to detail.
- Full proficiency in MS-Office suite and video conferencing tools.
- Problem-solving skills with strong decision-making capability.
- Ability to be a highly resourceful team player while also being effective independently.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines.
- A forward-looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Flexibility to work long hours as needed. Ability to work from home two days/week.
Our client offers an exciting role with a variety of challenges in a vibrant environment and the opportunity to advance your career in an exceptional setting. You will become a core member of the team who is crucial to the business, and you will work alongside a top international manager. If this challenge attracts you, please send your application, including a cover letter, resume, references, and educational diploma quoting reference «EA-GEB-Confident» at firstname.lastname@example.org
?Candidates without the above prerequisites, unfortunately, cannot be included on our shortlist
Barnickel & Fellows | Hofackerstrasse 32 | CH-8032 Zürich | +41 44 269 50 25