At Zurich International School our 1,200 students are not the only ones who learn. We recruit teachers with an outstanding record of achievement, an innovative mindset, an understanding of the power of technology, and an exemplary commitment to international education. Then our strong professional growth program challenges them to get even better.
Do you do what’s right even when no one is watching? Consider the impact of a decision or action on others? Actively attempt to understand why people hold certain perspectives? Then Zurich International School may be the right fit for you! Integrity, fairness and compassion are important character standards for everyone at ZIS.
Learning is a shared responsibility and at Zurich International School, we challenge our students to exceed their own expectations - and ourselves to ensure their success. To achieve this, we need to be open to risk, change and innovation. Do you feel the same way about learning? Then ZIS may be the right fit for you.
Do you lead by example, seeking best practice and educational innovation? Consider how your action will have a positive impact on others? At Zurich International School, we enable faculty and staff, as well as our students, to become confident and responsible leaders, with a clear sense of direction and purpose. Are you the kind of educator we're looking for?
He/she will be joining the other two members of the US College Counseling team
- Experience in college counseling in an inclusive (open academic admissions) International School
- Certification in school counseling, preferred
- Strong knowledge of the IB Diploma and AP academic pathways
- Strong knowledge of UK, US and European university admission requirements
- Highly effective communicator (spoken and written) with parents, students, teachers, administrators, admissions officers
- Valid Swiss work permit
College Counseling duties
- Develops and implements curriculum in the areas of career exploration, University and College Guidance
- Develops Advisory sessions relating to College and University Guidance and counseling
- Works collaboratively with colleagues on the Upper School College Counseling team and faculty.
- Maintains student/counseling records and correspondence relevant to college guidance/admission
- Meets with ZIS families to support their children with the University application and post-secondary school planning
- Writes school recommendations, coordinates teacher information
- Liaises with students and teachers about projected scores for Grade 12 students
- Plans and organizes college information sessions (approx. 100 colleges/universities visit per year)
- Hosts annual College Fair
- Provides information for students regarding college admissions tests (ACT, SAT, LNAT, UCAT, Cambridge Assessments, TOEFL tests and SAT Prep)
- Participates in academic advising during course selection process in Grade 10
- Updates appropriate information for the ZIS website
- Acts as a Maia learning site coordinator to streamline the dissemination of information relevant to the college selection and admissions process
- Establishes relationships and networks with other professionals in the field
- Assists in creation of annual School Profile for Colleges and Universities
- Leads regular Counselor Corner sessions for parents
- Creates and administers annual feedback survey to students at the end of senior year
- Assists Development Office in tracking and communicating with ZIS alumni
- Assists in deferral years for students taking a gap year or military service
ZIS respects each applicant's decision to register through various recruitment agencies, but we also require you to apply to ZIS directly using our online system through the employment page of our school website www.zis.ch Thank you for your understanding.
The Zurich International School