For our international partner based in Basel/Kaiseraugst, we are looking for a qualified and motivated Digital Biomarker Data Analyst on VR and 3D Motionuntil the end of January 2022. Extension is possible.
We are looking for a skilled data scientist with experience in 3D motion signal-processing and data analytics. The position is part of a broader project aiming at developing novel VR-based tools to advance ophthalmological assessments. You will be part of both a cross-functional project team and a data analysis subject matter expert team. The primary focus of your role will be to develop algorithms and perform analyses that translate VR sensor data, such as motion and eye tracking data into clinical insights to assess visual impairments.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Support the data engineering and analysis activities around the development of new clinical endpoints for ophthalmology based on Virtual Reality technologies
- Contribute to concept development of ophthalmological functional assessment tests
- Extract robust and sensitive features from 3D time-series data to create predictive models
- Support data-driven VR application design decisions and optimizations
- Analyze and interpret digital and clinical data within the context of endpoint development
- Master's or PhD degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or related technical field
- 3-5 years of experience with data analysis and/or signal processing of 3D motion data
- Strong experience with Python and related libraries
- Applied experience with 3D math (linear algebra, matrix multiplication, quaternions, etc.)
Nice to Haves:
- Hands-on experience with Virtual Reality technology and design optimization
- Experience with eye-tracking and motion capture
- Affinity with Feature Engineering, Data Science and Machine Learning methods
- Knowledge of Computer Vision concepts
- 3D rendering engine tools (e.g. Unity 3D, Blender)
- C# / C++ software development experience
- Experience with ophthalmology or neuroscience
- Industry experience, good programming practices, and agile methodologies
Are you interested? Do not hesitate and submit your complete application documents online today.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, social origin, religion/belief, age or identity.
We also process applications by post, but will not return them for administrative reasons. We look forward to hearing from you!