DECTRIS is a successful and growing hightech company that develops and manufactures X-ray and electron cameras to spark scientific breakthroughs around the world. While photographic cameras capture visible light, DECTRIS cameras count individual X-ray photons and electrons. Our 150+ employees are located in Switzerland, the United States and Japan.
At DECTRIS, academic research meets agile industry practices. The company's roots are deep in the scientific community and our scientists publish new research results every year. At the same time, our engineers, technicians, administrators, and commercial experts work hard to make sure our customers benefit from the latest technologies without delay.Our Vision
is to provide the most reliable high-performance X-ray and electron detectors to scientists and radiologists all over the world.Our Mission
is to enable scientific discoveries and advance human health by challenging the limits of detection technology.
- Support the Development/System Integration team in conducting software release testing and verification activities
- Assist in repetitive verification work related to laboratory testing, including measurement automation and data collection
- Collaborate with team members to ensure smooth operation of the laboratory, including organizing equipment and maintaining a clean workspace
- Contribute to the development of measurement and verification systems, under the guidance of experienced engineers
- Participate in the assembly and setup of detector prototypes in the laboratory
- Assist in documenting test procedures, results, and observations for future reference
- Work closely with the team to troubleshoot and resolve issues encountered during testing and integration processes
- Embrace a learning mindset, seeking opportunities to expand knowledge in detector technology and measurement automation
- Basic understanding of laboratory practices and procedures
- Strong interest in automation and measurement systems
- Familiarity with the Python programming language is a plus
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to producing high-quality work
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team environment
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and techniques
- During or after studies in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar; also possible with a completed apprenticeship in Physics Laboratory ("Physiklaborant/in"), Electronics, or similar
- A successful and growing high tech company in an international, scientific environment.
- Joining the global leader in HPC X-ray detectors for science and industry. Our engineers design cutting-edge detectors to support the state of the art science and technology.
- An international work environment formed by more than 100 experienced engineers, scientists and other professionals.
- An ambitious company with an outstanding collaborative culture, which commits to mutual success.
- Excellent, flexible working arrangements to enable professional development and personal life balance.
- A thoughtful environment. You will enjoy our modern infrastructure including additional benefits like a small gym, parking space, subsidised meals, free snacks and company events.
Please send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of XXXX, with ID XXXX in the subject line. We look forward to meeting you.
Join our dynamic team at DECTRIS as a trainee and gain valuable experience in the field of detector technology. This position offers the opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals, engage in meaningful projects, and contribute to the advancement of our cutting-edge detectors.
Please note that this trainee position is designed to provide practical experience and learning opportunities for a period of time between 6 and 12 months. The requirements and responsibilities may be adjusted based on the trainee's affinity, development and progression.
20000036The System Integration Team