Wettingen close to Baden / Switzerland
Do you have an eye on detail and a deep practical technical understanding? Do you like to act as “Sherlock Holmes” to investigate the root cause for technical issues and to find innovative solutions for your findings?
If you answered the questions above with “yes”, then our open position as R & D Test Engineer (f/m/d) is the one you should apply for! You play a central role in identifying issues in our customers´ Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems and in performing Verification and Validation test on new developments. You are part of the Sustaining team and work in an international environment in our UPS production plant in Wettingen, Switzerland.
Life Is On – what about you?
- You perform verification & validation tasks and electrotechnical tests on our customized UPS components.
- You are responsible for Hardware printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA) modification and repair.
- In the area of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) you support your colleagues on investigations of returned components and documents the findings in an investigation report.
- By the created technical documents, you ensure lessons learned will be implemented in new products.
- Moreover, you will assist in complying with the safety rules in the test bay and work on improvements of test facilities.
- You can expect innovative products and technical challenges that make sure that you will not be bored.
- Thanks to flexible working conditions, it will be easy for you to reconcile family, leisure time and your job.
- You benefit from attractive development perspectives within the group – also on international level.
- Work in truly international teams with colleagues from over 25 nations worldwide.
- You hold an electrotechnical Engineering Degree.
- You have a strong background and experience in electronics and power electronics.
- You can understand schematic diagrams and have a sound know how on electrical measurement techniques and equipment.
- Your fluent English enables you to write technical documentation for internal usage; German or additional languages are a plus.
- You are passionate about identifying and solving complex technical challenges and have an attention to detail, you love practical work (not only theoretical) and to find new solutions for issues no one has detected ever before.
Your next step – apply of course!
We look forward to receiving your application via our online job portal.
Please upload your complete application documents stating the respective Job ID 006W30.
Contact person for this position is Larissa Niederberger. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact our Recruiting Service Team:
We at Schneider Electric are involved everywhere. From transformer substations to sockets, from smart homes to industry 4.0 – we are pushing ahead with digitization. Our customers know what they have in us and our 137,000 employees in over 100 countries. Always with the big picture in mind, sustainability, and our employees in mind, we offer far more than products – we offer solutions, customer proximity and innovation.
We strive to be the most diverse, inclusive, and fair company in the world. We value differences, actively promote inclusion, and create an environment that fosters the individuality of each person in the best interest of the company.
Curious to get to know your new colleagues? Find out more in our German blog
Also check out Schneider Electric as an employer