Varian is the world’s largest manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy and brachytherapy. Our vision is a world without fear of cancer. To meet this challenge, we equip the world with new tools for fighting cancer.
At our R&D site in Baden with more than 300 employees we specialize in the development of soft- and hardware for cancer treatment. To complete our team, we are looking for a
The senior product designer will join us in our Baden, Switzerland office and will focus on shaping our next generation of Treatment Delivery System. A successful candidate will partner with user experience specialists, product managers, medical practitioners and engineers around the world to solve complex problems with simple, intuitive, yet powerful designs.
- You will work with a multi-disciplinary team to deliver compelling UX solutions, while being capable of acknowledging limitations and trade-offs. Negotiate design requirements with Product Managers and Engineering Leads.
- Design for the extremes and produce an array of divergent design solutions informed by a wide variety of data sources.
- Evaluate proposed design solutions against pre-determined quality and success criteria, and be able to articulate the rationale behind design decisions.
- Produce a wide variety of design artifacts from Interaction Models to pixel perfect designs to effectively communicate design concepts.
- Work closely with researchers to plan research activities and uncover unmet needs and constantly validate that the design solutions meet all safety requirements.
- Partner with design peers to develop and evolve the long-term UX strategy for our internal tools to ensure UX is always at the heart of every development.
- Actively engage with other designers to give and solicit feedback to continually ensure that design solutions are smart and safe to use.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years of experience delivering great experience design as UX designer, interaction designer, information architect or similar.
- Advanced design & prototyping skills; we use Sketch, Axure, Photoshop, Illustrator, and we are open to experimenting with other tools that can help the team.
- Excellent analytical abilities, especially about understanding user behavior and design theories.
- Strong experience working side-by-side with engineers and product managers to build intuitive designs.
- Demonstrable will to solve problems, big and small, glamorous or not for all kinds of users.
- Understanding of the importance of setting aside the time and space to learn and grow your design practice.
- Great communication and presentation skills that speak to a broad range of audiences.
- Experience working in healthcare domain with design control, regulatory practices and standards for medical devices or similar regulated industry is a nice to have.
- Have an online portfolio, or a PDF portfolio that can be shared with the application. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
You can express your ideas and research in written form and are used to working independently, but open to discussing ideas and solutions with your colleagues. You thrive in an international work environment and in cultivating your contacts with partners in Europe and overseas.
Have we sparked your interest in a challenging and exciting position in a global environment with a potential for development? We look forward to receiving your application and CV. Job Code R-4806 . APPLY HERE