Tax & Legal - Global Employer Services - Technology Manager- Zurich/Geneva (80-100%)
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work, to learn, to grow.
Deloitte is a leading global accounting and consulting company, with approximately 312'000 people in 150 countries and territories. In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 2,000 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich, we serve companies and organisations of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors.
Our Global Mobility Tax Team is looking for you!
Our Global Mobility Tax Team offers integrated global mobility tax and related services that help our clients successfully manage local and global workforce challenges in relation to their workforce.
Our Global Employer Services (GES) practice, integrated within our Tax & Legal team, provides international organisations with leading services on global mobility tax, social security, immigration, global mobility compensation, mobility advisory, technology, analytics, reward, employment tax and share plans. As a (Senior) Manager in this team you will be providing tax advisory and compliance services to our clients. You will be managing (global) engagements and take responsibility for managing a team. In addition to delivering high quality work to our clients, you will act as the main contact person for client stakeholders and will be responsible for the development of your team members.
Your role in our team
Your role will be Global Employer Services (GES) Technology Manager. You will focus on:
- Driving the use and integration of technology in GES client products, offerings and internal business processes;
- Managing and overseeing the development, implementation, improvement and maintenance of existing technology solutions;
- Managing the development and help co-develop new GES technology solutions aimed at increasing efficient delivery of our compliance and advisory services to our clients and increasing the efficiency of our internal business processes;
- Identify potential areas of automation/technology usage, based on feedback from local team members, clients or other member firms;
- Act as the Swiss GES practice's main point of contact for GES Global initiatives, the Swiss Firm and Tax & Legal IT Department. As such, you will work on a variety of different (client and internal) technology-related projects;
- You will perform the above tasks with the support from onshore and offshore development and technology resources where required and in that respect will work closely together with onshore and offshore teams; you will work closely together with GES IT colleagues in other Member Firms to learn from their experiences and onboard best practices into the Swiss GES practice.
The work of GES Technology demands up-to-date knowledge of the current technology market & the GES services portfolio. The latter includes understanding the GES operating model and strategy, all its processes including a professional approach to time management, cost mitigation and deadlines.
- Understanding customer (client and internal) requirements, business objectives and processes
- Providing (strategic) advice on using technology to achieve business goals (e.g. the most suitable processes and workflows supported by technology)
- Providing technical support and training to GES professionals
- Act as a link between end-users and higher level support
- Managing IT initiatives and collaborating with in-house technical IT staff/development team
- Know how to translate a business request into understandable and clear requirements towards IT staff/development team
- Creation of a business plan to determine cost-benefit of a business requirement, with a recommendation to the GES partners on whether to proceed or not
- Communications with the GES practice on latest developments, pipeline of work and priorities
- Understand the agile way of working and apply lifecycle management
- Collaborate with and guide other professionals to maintain standards and functionality
- Understand current business processes and be capable of bringing new insights, opportunities and efficiency gains in all aspects of tax delivery offerings
- Delivering technology-based GES solutions to clients
- Taking ownership of all aspects of a project through the entire project lifecycle
- Monitoring progress against key milestones and agreed SLAs and deadlines
- Taking a lead role in the design and execution of process meetings with project team members
- You are client (external and internal) orientated
- You are a business and process analyst and have a data management mindset
- You are hands-on and can solve issues as they arise
- You understand and have a strong interest in technology
- You understand a process quickly and can adapt, update and counter for the better
- You safeguard a sound balance between the technical possibilities, needs, the available budget and risks
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and demonstrate strong ownership
- You communicate fluently in English
- You have relevant experience in the field of personal tax (ideally Swiss tax), data and project management
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are willing to invest in a work environment full of opportunities
- You have an open, creative, enthusiastic and flexible mindset
- You are a team player with leadership and project management competencies
What we offer
- We value the learning experience of our people and therefore offer you exciting career opportunities as well as a broad internal, external and on the job training programme.
- One-to-one coaching sessions and personal career development support.
- We offer you a varied and challenging role in a fast growing team.
- Deloitte values entrepreneurial thinking and is open to your voice.
- We offer a very competitive remuneration and supplementary pension contributions.
- Five weeks of annual holiday and the possibility to buy two weeks of additional holidays per year (adjusted pro rata).
- We are an energetic, dynamic and ambitious team with a clear strategy and vision. Team cohesion and spirit are important to us. We highly value an open feedback culture. We are a team where members support each other.
Any questions? Get in touch.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please submit a complete application, including CV, cover letter, references and degree certificates, using our online career portal www.deloitte.com/careers.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this position.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Stella Hoppe at email@example.com.