We encourage and support new ideas and are always seeking to improve the quality of patients lifes.
Qmedics AG is a privately held, independent Swiss medical technology company founded in 2008. We develop and manufacture stents, stent systems and balloon dilatation catheters. Our portfolio offers standard and customized products, solutions and technologies. With our passion for life, we focus on innovation and enhancement the concept of endovascular implants.
Are you our new high-energy professional specially experienced in stent systems & catheters with passion for bringing new technical solutions and the desire for continuous development and growth?
- Contributing on the project development in a timely, diligent, safe, and professional manner.
- Conducting user/ergonomic studies with clinicians during the product development process.
- Carrying out cardiovascular devices design and development, product engineering and applies engineering best practices and tools.
- Ensuring quality of the product’s design for usability, reliability, functionality, marketability, and manufacturability.
- Supporting the development of products through knowledge of the clinical and performance requirements.
- Researching new processes or materials processing technologies for balloon and stents development.
- Carrying the product design verification and validation to comply with the medical devices’ requirements.
- Contributing to assembly and maintenance of the Design History File (DHF).
- Master’s / PhD degree in R&D engineering, or related engineering discipline.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in balloon dilatation catheters (essential) and stents (highly desirable) design and development with a solid understanding of the product lifecycle.
- Practical and demonstrated experience of solid modelling of parts and assemblies.
- Experience in the design and development of products in accordance with ISO 13485 guidelines and new MDR directive as well as knowledge of medical device regulations and practices.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with Design Control procedures.
- Complete understanding of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field of product development.
- Proficient in 3D CAD software (SolidWorks preferred), Cagila and Abaqus of advantage.
- Understanding of CAE tools (FEA, CFD, etc.).
- Ability to identify, break down and solve a variety of difficult technical problems.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, good German highly desirable.
- Teamplayer with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently with a minimum of supervisor input.
- Disciplined and well-organized in documentation (plans, requirements, drawings, design reviews and test methods).
With us you will find a challenging position in a motivated expert team. Qmedics AG is a growing innovative company with the ambition to make a substantial contribution to a world where everyone enjoys life without limitations.
We look forward to receiving your application at HR@qmedics.ch to the attention of our HR Manager Mrs Monica Baumann. Please note, that we do not work with recruitment agencies to fill this vacancy.
Only direct applications will be considered.