At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. As a pioneer in industry we have a proud heritage of innovation and continue to evolve for the future. Join our story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make our lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
Inhouse Consultant BI and Analytics (Qlikview /-sense) - Full Time - Winterthur, Switzerland
Join our Data Insights team in Winterthur as Inhouse Consultant Business Intelligence and Analytics (Qlikview /-sense) to help us take our data & analytics projects to the next level.
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of QlikView and QlikSense applications and leading data & analytics projects with global reach and providing actionable insights to our business units.
You will work closely with the business teams to scope new projects, gather functional requirements, develop data models and design proposals, implement as well as test solutions based on our QlikView and QlikSense platforms. Furthermore you will make sure that our BI & Analytics capabilities are delivered and operated with the end-user in mind: reliably, intuitively usable and performant.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Consulting business stakeholders on all levels about BI/Analytics applications and interfaces to other applications
- Overseeing the plan, build and run processes of BI/Analytics applications based on Qlikview and Qliksense
- Effort estimation and managing the related budgets
- Management of nearshore/offshore developers and third party providers where applicable
- Develop and adhere to governance processes around implementation and the use of Qlikview / QlikSense
- Planning and delivering trainings on Qlikview and Qliksense for end users, especially in the context of Self-Service Analytics
- Pro-actively identifying changes needed in the application lifecycle and make recommendations for improvements with the subsequent implementation
- Support proper operations and data currency of existing application landscape, design and update required support frameworks
Providing mentoring and leadership to other team members, and serving as a role model representing the Business Intelligence & Analytics department is important part of the job.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in technical or business studies or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of working experience as a BI / Analytics Consultant or similar position in-house in an international corporation
- 2+ years (hands-on) experience in defining and/or managing large scale Qlikview/-Sense enterprise deployments
- Familiarity with "Governed Self Service BI" concepts being able to advice on best practices and storytelling visualizations
- Experience in SQL with the ability of creating views and ad-hoc queries incorporating business logic
- Exposure to top management to meet expectations and escalate issues/risks
- Able to manage project requirements, design, development, code/test case reviews, testing and deployment phases
- First experience with advanced analytics concepts on "big data" would be a plus (e.g. Machine Learning)
- Experience extracting information from core SAP Financials and/or SAP Logistics modules as well as SAP BI/BW is a big plus
- Project management (PMP, Scrum) and IT Service Management (ITIL) experience is a strong asset
- Production/manufacturing background would be a strong additional asset
- Fluent in English is a must. German would be a plus
Location: We are based in Winterthur. This is a great place with a high quality of life. In the historic old town you find many shops, cafés, bars and restaurants. Recreation areas can be reached in a short time from any point of the city.
Have a question about the role? Reach out to Sarah Peyer (HR Business Partner & Recruiter) +41 52 262 36 78. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
- Attractive compensation
- Excellent social benefits
- Global development opportunities
- An innovative, vibrant and agile culture
- Central workplace, only 5 minutes from Winterthur central station
- The chance to make an impact at a global scale
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
82% of our employees recommend Sulzer as a good place to work - so come and join our story, starting today!