For our client in Basel we are looking for a Senior Linux System Engineer for a 12-month contract.
Duration: asap till 2018-12-31
* Engineer/Architect Linux environment for a global biomedical research organization.
* The candidate will be accountable for the technical design, service management aspects and automation of the Linux environment to guarantee timely, efficient, accurate, and uninterrupted service to scientists.
* The Linux environment includes physical, virtual (cloud & on premise) servers hosting scientific commercial & in-house developed applications.
* Maximize the business value of global and local initiatives, ensuring effective alignment of IT investment with business requirements.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
* 10 years of experience in Linux system engineering in a global enterprise
* In-depth scripting/automation: Bash, Ruby & Python
* Good experience in AWS Cloud Computing platform.
* Deep knowledge in configuration management (Puppet/Chef)
* Fluent in English
* Strong technical depth across infrastructure technology, primarily Linux but also Virtualization, Cloud, Process Automation.
* Drive re-architecture of existing systems to implement streamlined, well-performing, automated and scalable architectures
* Works with enterprise architecture, application and infrastructure teams to produce an optimal, high level, conceptual design for the project.
* Responsible for analysing and translating business, information and technical requirements into an architectural solution.
* Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and solutions to solve business problems.
* Troubleshoot complex technical issues, especially recurring problems impacting production applications
* Experience building prototypes, pilots, or full products in cloud environments
* Design, document, and maintain architecture diagrams for systems, processes, and interfaces
* Manage at the project/task level (as needed) to provide specific guidance for operations personnel on technical projects, design and implementation
* Identify and define standards & operational procedures
* Identify technical solutions to resolve technical cross platform problems
* Continuously evaluate architectures against emerging technology trends or business growth areas and target areas of opportunity to ensure performance and capacity exceed demand
* Apply and integrate emerging technology trends to new and existing systems architecture
* Assists in the planning and design of new or upgraded systems. Work with operational teams to implement process improvements
* Facilitate automation deployments to reduce manual processes and improve efficiencies across systems and data centers
* Member of a global team of 5 system engineers
* Infrastructure deployed on multiple sites globally
* This role coordinates closely with the Operation, Architecture, DevOps & Scientific Computing teams.
* Architect in his core domain followed with L3 support level
For further details please contact Beata Arciszewska:
Harvey Nash AG
+41 44 296 8844