GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Healthcare is looking for a Life Sciences Engineer or a Biologist who will be working in Eysins (Nyon) in Switzerland and be part of a multidisciplinary R&D engineering team developing and validating medical device and manufacturing equipment aiming to process, isolate or expand biological cells in the field of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and cellular therapies.
* Run feasibility studies, define specifications, influence research & development activities and validate engineered products.
* Biological manipulations in the lab, propose and test new concepts, improve existing products.
* Participate in documenting and setting-up product Technical Dossiers according to medical or pharmaceutical standards
* Work in close collaboration with end-users (blood banks, hospitals and pharma companies)
* Work in a multidisciplinary Research and Development team, in close interaction with the production, Q/A and marketing departments
* Must have successful initial work experience in R&D in the Life Sciences sector
* University degree in the Life Science industry
* Significant, successful experience in R&D with hands-on attitude
* Knowledge and practical experience of relevant regulations (ISO 9001/13485, cGMP)
* Fluent in English, French a strong plus
* Autonomous at work, creative, proposals and initiatives welcomed