Syngenta is a leading science-based agtech company; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity's most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
- To lead & manage operations of a Production Sector, ensuring respect of HSEQ rules and compliance with legal norms.
- To manage & optimize production performance (HSEQ, cost, volume, resources) for the sector, aligned to Supply Chain & Business needs.
- To lead & develop people within the production sector, ensuring appropriate alignment of resources and training & personal development at all levels
- To support development of site & production sector asset strategy, aligned to future Business Strategy
- Responsible for (fine chemical) manufacturing operations for the production sector - resource & budget management, quality & cost management, bills of materials (raw materials, energies, wastes), operational performance against KPIs - including monitoring & control to meet agreed targets.
- Ensure compliance with existing Legal and Corporate standards in the area of Regulatory Compliance, Health, Safety, and Environmental Protection, SOx, Code of Conduct, Quality Assurance
- Lead investigations into HSEQ & production deviation incidents within the Production Sector, ensuring root causes are identified and actions arising are implemented.
- Ensure that all production plans are aligned to Supply Chain needs and ensure operational requirements of quality, quantity, timing and cost are delivered.
- Lead identification & development of and support implementation of improvement activities & projects (HSEQ, cost efficiency, asset robustness & reliability, people competency development) in order to achieve short to medium term production objectives, aligned to site & business strategies
- Develop a 5 year strategic vision for the sector, aligned to Supply Chain / Business needs and Site Strategic Agenda
- Facilitate & support implementation of sustainable Lean methodologies and ways of working within the production sector, as defined by the site-level strategy.
- Collaborate with Production Support Departments (maintenance, development (T&E), logistics, planning, QC, QA, HSE) to ensure alignment of resources & priorities to sector operational & strategic needs
- Member of extended Site Management Group (Site Management Team plus direct reports). Support development and implementation of Site Asset Strategy and Site Strategic Agenda
- Define & support the recruitment and training of production operators and direct reports to ensure development and sustenance of required capabilities
- Communicate production performance and progress of improvement activities / actions using systems & tools available. Ensure technical & compliance (internal / external) reports are completed on time and to required level of detail
Experience required for the job
- Degree educated in a technical subject, preferably Chemistry, Process Engineering or Engineering (mechanical / electrical)
- In-depth understanding of Production Operations principles including Shift systems, Asset management, Management of Change and Risk Analysis
- Solid experience in a direct Production Management role (Asset Manager, Foreman, Production Chain Manager etc.) within the Chemical Industry (batch or continuous chemical production), with direct responsibility for the operational performance of a production chain or unit or a solid experience in a direct technical support role within the Chemical Industry, via maintenance, development or plant support
- Direct line management experience of production personnel (operators / technicians)
- Experience of Supply Chain operations is preferable
- Fluent in French & high level of competence in English
- Asset management, specifically in chemical operations
What we offer:
We foster a challenging, dynamic and supportive culture where people can thrive for excellence, build a rewarding career and achieve their full potential. With a diverse team across the globe, we contribute to valuable and impactful work that shapes agriculture of the future. Our team aspire to be the best in the industry.
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits, including:
- Flexible work environment
- Annual bonuses
- A competitive pension fund plan
- Preferential conditions with insurance companies
- On campus health service and canteen
- Family-friendly initiatives
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.