A Research Scientist in the Discovery group of the Fragrance Division is a unique role in leading and developing our perfume ingredient portfolio using skills in synthetic organic chemistry obtained in high-level education at renowned academic institutions. We are looking for people willing to work with multiple S&T laboratories in Zürich and Shanghai and with Givaudan’s perfume creation and regulatory teams. You will build research programs in organic synthesis to identify performing and sustainable odorants and additives for the Fragrance Industry, according to company's goals and corporate strategy. You will be based in our new Innovation Center in Kemptthal and report directly to the Head of Discovery.
Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if, like us, you always aim to exceed customer needs and provide value.
- Design and develop new classes of sustainable fragrance additive materials
- Work with chemists and experienced technicians/research associates to ensure the highest scientific quality
- Provide expert chemistry advice and communicate acquired knowledge to technical staff and leadership
- Keep up-to-date with the chemical literature and transform ideas into new products and ensure synthetic routes
- Learn to understand the need of perfumers: you will develop your skills to translate odor descriptions into chemical structures and will build your own qualitative and quantitative structure-odor correlations
- Communicate results in internal reports, presentations and publications
- Consideration of toxicological considerations in synthesis planning (Safe by DesignTM)
Are you someone who wants to grow your world? Who excels being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then join the team.
- A PhD in organic chemistry, green chemistry and catalysis with a background in preparative organic and bioorganic methods and associated analytical methods
- 1+ years of postdoctoral research experience in an academic or industrial laboratory
- Experienced in solving chemical problems and the discovery of novel products or processes. Strong publication record is of advantage
- Passionate to work toward chemical innovation at the bench
- In-depth knowledge of analytical methods (NMR, GC/MS, LCMS, IR) to unequivocally interpret chemical structures, reaction mechanisms and kinetic observations
- A very good command of English is mandatory; fluency in German or French is of advantage
- Open, constructive, creative, enthusiastic for chemistry, creative team-player
- Variable pension fund contribution
- Sport and leisure club
- Company shop
- Staff restaurant
- Public transportation support
Givaudan is a global leading company in taste and wellbeing, fragrance and beauty. With its heritage stretching back over 250 years, the Company has a long history of innovating scents and tastes. From a favourite drink to your daily meal, from prestige perfumes to cosmetics and laundry care, its creations inspire emotions and delight millions of consumers the world over. The company is committed to driving purpose-led, long-term growth while leading the way to improve happiness and health for people and nature. In the fiscal year 2019, the Company employed over 14,900 people worldwide and achieved sales of CHF 6.2 billion and a free cash flow of 12.7% of sales. Let’s imagine together on www.givaudan.com.