Omya is a leading global producer of industrial minerals, mainly fillers and pigments derived from calcium carbonate and dolomite, and a worldwide distributor of specialty chemicals.Founded in 1884 in Switzerland, Omya has a global presence extending to more than 180 locations in over 50 countries with 8,000 employees.
We are looking for a
Laboratory Technician Paints & Coatings 100%
Job main responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation of coating samples and testing of paint properties; record data in computer clearly and concisely.
- Conduct standard tests including, but not limited to, viscosity, gloss, solids, color, density, pH, wet scrub resistance tests, and product applications.
- Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Maintains inventory of lab supplies and raw materials.
- Assists other technicians in the completion of development projects as necessary.
- Follows all safety guidelines and rules; environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment while functioning independently.
- Participates in 5S, BBS and other corporate initiatives.
- Generates ideas that improve the safety, efficiency and overall effectiveness of the laboratory and its team.
- Performs other duties and assist other departments as needed.
Candidate profile requirements
- High school graduate or Post-high school education (college or technical school or vocational training).
- Completed vocational training as a painter/varnisher is preferred.
- 5+ years of lab bench experience in preparation, application and testing of paints and coatings.
- Strong work ethic, intrinsic motivation and able to do projects with minimum supervision.
- Comfortable to work in a team environment and also effectively on individual efforts.
- Basic computer skills and be capable with email, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Highest standards of integrity, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Hands-on laboratory work and solution oriented thinking.
- Fluent in German and good command of spoken and written English.
Omya International AG, Diana Flückiger, Baslerstrasse 42, 4665 Oftringen, Switzerland