Johnson Controls is powered by your talent. We are the power behind the customer mission. Together we are building a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our diverse global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and environments more comfortable and secure. We are all about improving outcomes for our partners. Tomorrow needs your talent. Tomorrow needs you. So let's talk today.
What you will do
Our Procurement EMEA Team is looking for an experienced professional who will be responsible for developing, planning, implementing, analyzing and executing regional Strategic Purchasing related to the Sub-Contracting Category. Category Manager will be specifically responsible for creation and execution of the procurement and business strategies, business processes, policies and technical procurement systems infrastructure within EMEA Procures Services and develop strategies at a high level to provide at the highest quality and the best cost to the customers in their regions.
How you will do it
* Provides strategic procurement programs that leverage the operations of Johnson Controls with measurable financial results globally.
* Directs and implements region policies, procedures, and standards that support the Region and Business Units plans.
* Develops and executes strategies designed to improve business process productivity, reduce costs and procurement related expenses while improving profitability as well as increasing our TWC (Trade Working Capital) aligned with all business units' requirements.
* Supports regional procurement teams by enhancing strategy and leveraging expertise and knowledge of region.
* Manages relationship with suppliers, including managing day to day operations, issue & escalation.
* Works effectively with all business units leaders to ensure alignment of the regional strategy and adoption of best practices.
* Researches, identifies, negotiates and registers appropriate service providers by region/country, to support business unit and plant operations.
* Develops relationship with business unit regional procurement managers to effectively leverage expertise across the organization.
* Develops business review format and common scorecard to evaluate ongoing performance.
* Understands market trends and regulation changes that may affect our business operations and communicate impacts proactively.
* Maintains regular communication with the Business Leaders and regions to understand business conditions and market trends to support their operations accordingly.
* Stays informed of any changes or updates in laws, tariffs, commodity classifications, and regulations at the International, National, Province/State and Local levels to support and supply management to the team so they can maintain and understand legal concepts that govern their activities as agents of their empl
What we look for
* Bachelor or Master's degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Minimum of 5-7 years' experience in procurement roles in direct or indirect materials, ideally working in international environment
* Strong analytical skills including ability to analyze and learn cost structure in many different countries
* Proven negotiation skills
* Ability to communicate effectively across channels, with business unit personnel, Purchasing staff, to achieve understanding of business goals
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
What we offer:
See Job Description