Senior Project Manager Medical Statistics
The AO is a medically guided, not-for-profit organization led by an international group of surgeons specialized in the treatment of trauma and disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Founded in 1958 by 13 visionary surgeons, the AO fosters one of the most extensive networks of over 215,000 sur-geons, operating room personnel, and scientists in over 100 countries.
In close collaboration with trusted industrial partner, universities and in-house institutes, the AO Foundation constantly develops new operation techniques, implant, instruments and clinical solutions under the medical guidance of independent surgeons. The AO is the leading innovator in the surgical treatment of bone fractures and disorders. Innovation at the AO goes from bench to bedside, including basic research and innovation, product development, and clinical validation. The AO Innovation Translation Center (AO ITC) streamlines and drives innovation projects. As part of the AO ITC, together with Clinical Operations, Clinical Science is the AO's clinical research provider. We produce clinical evidence that is highly relevant to current trauma and orthopedics practices for better patient care, provide medical and scientific support for AO clinical studies and conduct health economics projects in collaboration with a network of renowned health economics experts.
For this new and permanent position (100%) we are looking for the following highly motivated person to support our team in Davos or Dübendorf:
Senior Project Manager Medical Statistics
In this role you will be required to provide scientific guidance as well as methodical and statistical expertise in all phases of AO ITC assigned projects, such as
- sample size calculation, statistical input in the development of a clinical study plan, statistical analysis plan development and its programming, statistical activities during the monitoring phase, final study analysis, supporting the development of final study reports and reviewing of manuscripts or abstracts for congresses/conferences
- Making complex statistical analyses comprehensible to laypersons, and supporting the translation of the results into recommendations for clinical practice
- Statistical analysis of non-clinical data, such as data from surveys
- Validation of fracture classifications and outcome scores
- Supporting the develop and maintenance of our Quality Management System in close collaboration with the Quality Manager in regard to all topics related to statistical and programming activities
- Depending on the seniority of the applicant functional lead and/or line management of the team can be included
In order to master this challenge, you have:
- MSc degree in statistics or equivalent qualifications (eg, GradStat) combined with experience in a bio-medical discipline
- A basic understanding and expertise in the development and execution of health economic analyses would be of benefit for this position.
- More than 3 years of involvement and experience in the analysis of clinical research data
- Sound SAS programming skills, additional programming skills in R or Stata are welcome
- An education and practical experience in econometrics is an advantage
- Good knowledge of statistics and numerical and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and reliability
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Good writing skills for scientific publications
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Leadership experience
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative organization
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team
- Modern infrastructure
- Employment conditions which match the requirements and offer a high degree of flexibility regarding working hours and location
If you meet the requirements of this challenging opportunity, please submit your complete online application (motivation letter, CV, recent photograph, certificates, reference letters, etc) through our online application system. Applications received via other channels will not be considered in the process.
Start of work 01.02.2021
Petra Schubert Senior HR Business Partner, AO Foundation phone: +41 44 200 24 20 mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Stettbachstrasse 6 8600 Dübendorf