Founded in 1927 and headquartered in Warsaw, Indiana, USA, Zimmer Biomet is a global leader in musculoskeletal healthcare. We design, manufacture and market orthopaedic reconstructive products; sports medicine, biologics, extremities and trauma products; bone healing, craniomaxillofacial and thoracic products; and related surgical products.
We collaborate with healthcare professionals around the globe to advance the pace of innovation. Our products and solutions help treat patients suffering from disorders of, or injuries to, bones, joints or supporting soft tissues. Together with healthcare professionals, we help millions of people live better lives.
For EMEA Production Site in Winterthur (Switzerland), we are looking for a:
The Plant Strategic Sourcing Lead (without peoplelead) will be responsible for marketing Local agreements, drives total cost reduction and value-add creation from supply base; ensures excellent customer quality and delivery service levels while driving inventory reduction and improved supplier performance, consistent with Global and EMEA Commodity Leader sourcing strategies.
Your main responsibilities:
- Ensures that all activities are in compliance with company policies and practices.
- Manages the commercial relationships with plant specific suppliers and intercompany transactions, following directions from Plant Leads and EMEA Strategic Sourcing leaders.
- Liaises with Plant Leads, EMEA Strategic leaders and EMEA Category Managers, actively participates in global sourcing projects and initiatives. Uses STAR system or any other required reporting format.
- Reviews requisitions and aligns with other departments regarding e. g. requirements, specifications, quantity, delivery requirements and payment terms. Evaluates, recommends and implements alternate suppliers where a savings in cost or improved delivery will result.
- Negotiates prices and follows competitive bidding procedures when necessary to ensure the lowest total cost for specific products and materials, interacting with other departments as necessary.
- Confer contracts and long term agreements, and establishes Frame Contracts /blanket orders that may include consignment stock / VMI, price improvements, supply chain improvements (e.g. lead-time, lot sizes), working capital improvement (target 3% 15, Net 75 net), Terms & Conditions, Quality Agreements
- Closely interacts with Legal, Regulatory, Product Engine, Supplier Quality Assurance group (SQA) and negotiates quality agreements with the supply base.
- Actively participates in New Product Development project representing the sourcing organization
- Actively participates in annual budget process providing new standard costs and prices
- Acts as 1st escalation step for plant buyers/planners
- Investigates supplier’s financial condition, technical competence, facilities, and production techniques to ensure adequate supply sources.
- Escalates supply issues to EMEA Strategic Sourcing leaders and Category Managers when appropriate
- Sourcing system maintenance and updates to insure integrity of data.
- Drives savings and supply chain improvements (e.g. lead-time, lot sizes, reduction of Nr. of suppliers) in order to realize best purchasing prices.
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, accounting, or other business discipline, or equivalent education combined with relevant job experience is an advantage.
- 3–5 years’ experience in Sourcing/Purchasing and/or Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management.
- Experience in Medical Device Manufacturing preferred.
- ERP system experience SAP R/3 knowledge (MM) is a plus. Strong Negotiation and MS Office skills
- German and English Language Skills are absoloutely must criterias,
- Working knowledge of planning and purchasing systems, the manufacturing process (from raw materials to finished product), accounting principles and budgeting practices, inventory control and paperwork flow necessary to be able to function responsibly in this position. Knows the criteria, process and tools for measuring and recording purchasing performance.
- Ability to quickly and accurately generate action requirements based on ERP System outputs.
- Spreadsheet skills and proficient use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and ERP systems experience required to support procurement decision making.
- Must be a self-starter, self-managed, effective team player with excellent analytical / problem solving skills.
- Ability to engage in basic contract negotiations and develop contracts in standard form; create basic project plans and manage source plan and implementation across functions and sites. Skill to analyse and evaluate quotations submitted by potential suppliers to assure that the quality, quantity, delivery terms, and costs are acceptable.
- Excellent communication skills required with the ability to communicate appropriately with all levels (able to communicate equally well with all employees, internal and external to the company, including supplier senior management).
- Must have the ability to handle complex problems, make sound decisions and work independently under the pressure of a heavy workload with significant time restrictions.
Please note, this Position is without Peoplelead
This dynamic Job position has a willingness to travel from 15% worldwide
If you seize this opportunity, you will be able to develop your international experience and be a part of a great and truly global team.Zimmer offers a wide range of challenging career advancement opportunities and a dynamic work environment. We look forward to receiving your complete application through the following LINK.